Author Topic: 69 B2 hardware  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Greg H

69 B2 hardware
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:16:25 AM »
G'day guys , obviously new on this forum.
Im currently putting together my fathers 69 boss 302.
This wont go down well here but it has been converted to RHD as we are in australia.
Just going to leave a gap there for a good spew , for those who hate that :)

Our dad passed a few ago so my brother and i have attempted a ground up resto on it.
It was already converted RHD  so we have serviced all components that had to make that work.

Everything else we want correct to the car.

2 things im hoping you guys can help me at this stage,

Is there any sort of hardware kit you can buy for the engine bay , with all correct nuts and bolts , correct finish on them.

Also has anyone got any measurements for the trunk  pinstripe?

Im 28, its extremely hard to find a good source of information on this car, considering i didnt grow up In that era

Apart from the conversion i want the rest of it as correct as can be.
Thankyou
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:51:43 PM by Greg H »
No idea half the time, just smile and nod :)

Offline Greg H

Re: 69 B2 hardware
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »
Ill try and get a photo on

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
Welcome to the site!  There is a bunch of great folks here.

AMK (http://www.amkproducts.com/) makes complete fastener kits.  For example there is an Engine Fastener Kit, Master Chassis Kit, Master Body Assembly Kit, etc, etc.  You can check out the AMK website to see what's in the kits.  You should be able to buy these kits at any of the major parts suppliers such as Mustang Barn, National Parts Depot, etc. etc.

Sorry, I can't help you with the pinstripe measurements.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:39:43 PM by markb0729 »
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:37:24 PM »
G'day too! Wecome!

There are MANY Mustangers down under that hopefully will chime in soon, many that can give you the pointers you need, considering the RH drive aspect & all. Many things in the photo you posted already indicate you have travelled a road of your own somewhat with the painting but perhaps at this stage of the project, with the right help you can still steer your project towards correctness very easily. (in spite of the RH steering) Many imports to Australia were changed RH drive so really no big deal there.This would be almost expected.

I hope these other check in soon, keep checking in...they will be here.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
First welcome to the site. If you haven't done it already spend some time looking through earlier posts/threads and the library plenty of good things posted already that should help out. There is a couple of threads related to my 69 Boss (April built car)

Is there any sort of hardware kit you can buy for the engine bay , with all correct nuts and bolts , correct finish on them.

As mentioned AMK puts together kits and they are often available through the major parts houses also. Not cheap but they are available. Just be a aware that they sometimes don't include everything so double check what is included. Also they often do not look like the original hardware - head markings and such. Need to mention it since that is the focus here ;)

Also has anyone got any measurements for the trunk  pinstripe?

Don't have an original to measure - my Boss has been repainted. If I post a picture or two you should be able to eye ball it from there

Apart from the conversion i want the rest of it as correct as can be.

Given that statement you mighty consider repaint the front wheel wells since what you have in your pictures appears to have copied what San Jose and NJ did - but not typical of a spring 69 Dearborn car

Again welcome to the site - hope you find it useful in your efforts
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Greg H

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:57:39 PM »
Thanks guys, yeah i was concerned about the finish on the wheel arches , but i  wasnt able to really get definitive answer on the other forums when it come to the black.

Any suggestions on what to do from here would be appreciated.

When we first took the car in we assumed everything was correct on it. As thats what we were told.

After spending hours and hours going through forums and photos , my attitude now is to treat everything on it as wrong and find out what it should be, thats kind of lead me here.
Once the car got soda blasted it showed up a past of half assed repairs i that would of actually shock the old man.

I was rushing the rebuild to try and get the car ready for my wedding but that date has come and gone , so slow and steady goes it now.

Thanks again for everyones input

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:43 AM »
Thanks guys, yeah i was concerned about the finish on the wheel arches , but i  wasnt able to really get definitive answer on the other forums when it come to the black.

Any suggestions on what to do from here would be appreciated.

Should start a new thread since the subject is possibly changing and would need to know when you car was built. Yes I realize we only have a spread of 5 months but it can all make a difference in the details ;)

Remember threads related to aby 69 Dearborn built car during the same time as your car can offer details if you use the search feature

Some threads that might help

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg24#msg24

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4348.msg24136#msg24136

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=2190.msg11344#msg11344

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=809.msg4133#msg4133

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6536.msg48201#msg48201

Jeff Speegle

Offline Greg H

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 01:07:09 AM »
I might start a new thread actually, since ive already got answers to both my original questions, funnily enough i came across the thread with identification of those bolts as ive got a tin of loose bolts that i had no idea where they came from. Very handy already thankyou.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:01:54 AM »
With those kits Jeff you mentioned you could possibly get bolts in there.

So far ive got a little collection of wood screws , tech screws and gutter bolts that have held things together, its hard to know what exactly the correct fitting should be .

Is there a book i can purchase or website i can look at that'll cover most of them.

I could post pictures of every bolt , but i know you guys will get sick of me posting them and dont expect to waste everyones time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »
With those kits Jeff you mentioned you could possibly get bolts in there.

Yes as mentioned they include bolts that will work for your application - just check each kit to see what each covers and figure out from there what bolts are not. Just mentioned that they will not always be exactly correct

Is there a book i can purchase or website i can look at that'll cover most of them.

I could post pictures of every bolt , but i know you guys will get sick of me posting them and dont expect to waste everyones time.

No its not that easy - other people have not seen fit to catalog, list and take pictures of every nut and bolt and if they did they likely would start with a more popular (many more cars built)  than the limited production of 69 Boss 302's

Here is a link to an NPD page showing just the engine bolt kit for your application

http://www.amkproducts.com/Ford_Master_Kits.asp

These will add up fast - easy to spend $1000 plus on just nuts and bolts this way
Jeff Speegle

Offline Greg H

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »
Opps , ment to say " incorrect" bolts , not just "bolts"

I buggered up,  yeah as id have no idea what is correct and whats not.

Haha i need to pay more attention i think, plus writing these post of an i phone isn't ideal.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »
Opps , ment to say " incorrect" bolts , not just "bolts"

Not so much incorrect bolts but the head markings as mentioned can be different than original since he often finds them from other vendors once the original source dries up
Jeff Speegle