Author Topic: 69 Boss 302 Restoration - July build  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Greg H

69 Boss 302 Restoration - July build
« on: February 24, 2015, 01:23:35 AM »
Righty o , ive got the marti report so i put that up aswell, I'll appoligise ahead because i might have some pretty dumb questions.

Did all mustangs which were getting built at the same time, shelbys inc , get their paint ,body deadner ect prepared and applied in the same process did they?

Who ever converted the car to RHD back in the day done a horrible job , we had to cut the heater box recess out and start again, i fit a falcon heater box under the dash to keep the heaters and fan all in working condition.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:26:37 AM by Greg H »
No idea half the time, just smile and nod :)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 boss 302 restoration
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
Righty o , ive got the marti report so i put that up aswell,

Great that will answer a couple of questions. You might find that adding some of the important details to your signature so that you don't have to include it every time you ask a new question. And as long as some us slow down long enough to read it there   ::)  That's referring to myself

I'll appoligise ahead because i might have some pretty dumb questions.

Your just starting from a different point than some others. We'll work to get you up to speed ;)  Plenty of members here from your country

Did all mustangs which were getting built at the same time, shelbys inc , get their paint ,body deadner ect prepared and applied in the same process did they?

Depends on details and what kind of car as well as how it was optioned. Most sealers, interior, trunk and rear wheel well sound deadener and paint details would generally be the same if you ignore things like the Boss black out panels and details for example. Front wheel well paint and sealant would generally be the same (with in a range) but sound deadener was not done on Shelbys since there were no fenders installed at Dearborn

Then things like undercarriage sound deadener would be added depending on model - Mach I, Grander, Shelby and Boss for example the the amount varying depending on the application and worker.

As far as paint - same painters, booths and paint. Interior, exterior color, engine compartment black and pinch weld black out - all pretty much the same
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:07:18 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Greg H

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:42:13 AM »
Now, first dumb question.

Can you guys identity this steering box? I was guessing Falcon but dont know if ford did a conversion kit especially for converting mustangs to RHD.
Also should it be a natural look or painted black ?
Cheers

Offline specialed

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:52 AM »
yes that gearbox is rh drive austrailia falcon   as dyno don had that setup on the b9 kk cougar only he installed it on outside of lh outer rail as well as idler arm outside rh rail  as to get better header clearance inengine bay area.  I don't recall any tag or casting id on these gearboxes unlike the normal lh drive US ford gearboxes.

Offline Greg H

Re: 69 Boss 302 Restoration - July 69 Build
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:14:14 AM »
Thanks mate, being falcon it might aswell stay black then,

Second thing. Two part question.

Are these correct Boss rotors ?

And that big blowout on the side , repairable or throw away ?

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:18:04 AM by Greg H »

Offline specialed

Re: 69 Boss 302 Restoration - July build
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »
if you are throwing them away I will pay shipping + extra $.    they look like 69 b2 rotors to me just check the spindles doza-b  or what.  they have been made as  they were used on 69 b2 & late 69 shelbys for last 4months of 69.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Boss 302 Restoration - July 69 Build
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
Are these correct Boss rotors ?

And that big blowout on the side , repairable or throw away ?

Can't tell from just a picture. The style is the same as 69 Boss and non- Boss rotors. You'll need to measure the sizing for the bearing cups and the bearing if you still have them. The rotor sections have been reproduced though expensive since they only fit one application

Can't tell how big the damage is from the picture you posted and its relationship to the brake pads on the face. 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)