Author Topic: '65 San Jose courtesy light hardware  (Read 5248 times)

Offline NEFaurora

Re: '65 San Jose courtesy light hardware
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »
Geez, That's really Bizarre...   Why would San Jose mix hardware like that purposely??? Then again, Nothing San Jose does ever surprises me... One would think that there is some kind of reasoning behind it.

Learned something new... I've never seen this before... Thanks for all the feedback!

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
My thoughts are it was easier to install with a hex screw on the driver side.  It's a bit of a pain to get a nut on the backside in that area once the ignition switch and wiring are in place.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »
My thoughts are it was easier to install with a hex screw on the driver side.  It's a bit of a pain to get a nut on the backside in that area once the ignition switch and wiring are in place.
Yup. They could have designed the stamped bracket with a screw thread eliminating the nut. The main concern is the attachment device must conduct electricity.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 09:57:12 PM »

"My thoughts are it was easier to install with a hex screw on the driver side.  It's a bit of a pain to get a nut on the backside in that area once the ignition switch and wiring are in place."

HA! Apparently it wasn't enough of a problem for Dearborn and Metuchen!!!  LOL!!!!!!

Interesting theory.... It sounds pretty solid...

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »
Time for - "experimentation in assembly line techniques". Do a dry run. Think how much time it would take each type of screw to be installed. That change may have got an assembly line worker an award. 
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.