Author Topic: Options for B2 intake, distributor, oil pan, and exhaust manifolds?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline DeadStang

I am needing to put together a B2 motor for my '69, and I am missing the above parts.  I am not too concerned w/date codes...what are my options?  Is any of this stuff repro-ed (like the 428 CJ exhaust manifolds?), or do I need to take my chances on eBay and such, buying old used original stuff? 

Thanks.

Offline rmaginnis

• December 2010
Re: Options for B2 intake, distributor, oil pan, and exhaust manifolds?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:47:31 PM »
I am needing to put together a B2 motor for my '69, and I am missing the above parts.  I am not too concerned w/date codes...what are my options?  Is any of this stuff repro-ed (like the 428 CJ exhaust manifolds?), or do I need to take my chances on eBay and such, buying old used original stuff? 

Thanks.
B2 intakes are pretty easy to find on ebay and elsewhere - 69 or 70 will work no problem. You should be able to find a nice one for around $300 or less. Put a notice on the B302 forum. Cast iron exhaust manifolds are reproduced - I think NPD has them and would certainly be cheaper than originals. Be careful buying on exhaust manifolds on ebay as some will auction repops as originals and claim they didn't know where they came from. If your looking for a genuine b302 distributor be prepared to pay upwards of $1500 depending on whether it has the vacuum advance and overall condition. There are lots of 'fakes' being pawned off on ebay as well. so do your homework before bidding on a distributor. Hope this helps.
Rick
Rick Maginnis
April, '70 Dearborn Boss 302
0F02G18xxxx

Offline 10w30dna

• Tim O'Connor Distributor Restoration
Re: Options for B2 intake, distributor, oil pan, and exhaust manifolds?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
As Rick stated, there are MANY fake Boss 302 distributors being offered on Ebay! Many people I talk to do not want ( or can afford) a real Boss 302 distributor. I restore, buy,sell,trade Ford distributors and can only offer this option to a real one: I have custom built quite a few "clone" Boss 302 distributors for those that want it to look correct,operate correctly,etc for under $2000.  (I recently sold a fully restored Boss 302 distributor on Ebay for $2250 that was very close to NOS.) I do NOT re-stamp numbers into housings to deceive,I build using excellent,original AUTOLITE housings and DETAIL them as a Boss 302. Very hard to see the ID number when installed. I custom build the Autolite vacuum advance units with wide ,gold anodized band. I try to offer a service to meet everybody's budget and not mis-represent my product. Just another option that might come in handy.Not for everyone. Good luck in your project/parts search!
44 years as Ford dealer technician,retired.Favorite toys:'67 Fairlane drag race car. 10.40 @ 129 mph 1.40 60 ft. Current resto project: '68 Shelby GT 350 conv w/Paxton Supercharger .