Author Topic: 1964 1/2 (1965 is the same) A/C condensor installation question.  (Read 594 times)

Offline Lemondrop

1964 1/2 (1965 is the same) A/C condensor installation question.
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:14:04 PM »
Ok,
I purchased a new condensor from NPD and had the factory brackets for the car that were on an aftermarket condensor when I got the car. I'm trying to figure out how these attach to the new condensor so that I can install it in the car (before I drop it and damage it :) ). Does anyone have any pictures? I looked on google and did not find much.

Offline Lemondrop

Re: 1964 1/2 (1965 is the same) A/C condensor installation question.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:52:51 PM »
Ok,
I clipped a shot from the Osbourne manual I have that gives a sort of idea where the brackets go on the condenser. I got it installed after several trial and error installs but it is not complete. Apparently the reproduction condenser has the holes for the pass side drilled in the wrong spot, who would have known?
If you try to install the bracket with the holes provided, it sits too low on the right side of the car. So, I used one hole and hung the brackets on that side. I then installed it and snaked my hands with a ratcheting wrench to snug down the screws. I've got to email/call NPD and ask if it is OK to drill two new holes in the condenser to run the second set of screws, or if that will void my warranty.
If so, I guess I'll have to return it but I doubt any others are in the correct spot.