Author Topic: Transmission Crossmember Hardware  (Read 699 times)

Offline rrenz

Transmission Crossmember Hardware
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:11 PM »
Just finished installing a new bushing and seals in my C-4 Tailpiece. First part of my question involves the nuts which have. Either side will tighten up and appear to be stripping out. Obviously I'm going to replace these however I was curious if these nuts eventually wear out from coming on and off multiple times? They appeared to have a "locking" design to them. Is that correct? I was looking at replacement hardware and noticed there is a single washer in the kit. I do not currently have any washers.Where does this washer get installed? Thanks
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st
2001 3.8 Mustang Convertible
2004 40th Anniversary

Offline jwc66k

Re: Transmission Crossmember Hardware
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 08:48:01 PM »
This is documented in the 64-65 Mustang Chassis Assembly manual. The hardware part numbers, direction of the bolts and the location of the washer.
I recommend you get a set for your car's year, plus the 64-65 Chassis Manual.
Of course, you could look in the Library section of this forum, under topic "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet 64-66", in file "MHW64-66AP02.xls". It's sorted by application. Be advised that the application is "Engine Mount, Rear, . . . ". That's Ford's description of the rear transmission mount.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.