Author Topic: Who makes the most accurate "Service Recommendation" engine sticker?  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Morsel

The one I have currently on my 1966 February 10th San Jose K-Code car is really bad and I want to replace it, so I thought I would ask who's making the most correct reproduction. I remember seeing a post a while back that I couldn't locate that showed a bunch of examples of reproduction ones and there were subtle difference that were incorrect with the originals. Obviously I know about ECS Automotive Concepts, Jim Osborn, and AMK, but looking for the correct one.

Thanks as always,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline rrenz

Re: Who makes the most accurate "Service Recommendation" engine sticker?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
I remember seeing that same post but can't find it. From what I can tell the osborn decal seems to be the closest. I have this one on my car. It seems to me that the biggest difference between these decals is the actual size and the thickness of the lines in the decal. If you look at bob perkins 66 the lines are very thin compared to the reproduction that NPD sells.
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st
2001 3.8 Mustang Convertible
2004 40th Anniversary

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:12:44 PM »
For the shock tower one, you definitely want the ECS decal.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Morsel

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »
Thanks guys, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I searched and searched and couldn't find that original post that was all about these with all the different examples of originals and reproduction ones, maybe I'm getting forums mixed up and it's on a different one ;)

Thanks again,

jason

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
I remember seeing that same post but can't find it. From what I can tell the osborn decal seems to be the closest. I have this one on my car. It seems to me that the biggest difference between these decals is the actual size and the thickness of the lines in the decal. If you look at bob perkins 66 the lines are very thin compared to the reproduction that NPD sells.
I am not sure about this sticker but keep in mid NPD sells two different vendors decals and stickers . Osborn and more expensive and more correct ECS. the ECS is referred to by NPD as concours correct.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »

The ECS Decal is the one with the Two thin Dual lines for those that are confused.  It is in the 2nd bottom picture.

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline tomtri66

• Bronze Level Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »

Just noticed that the first decal you show actually has a typo.  Last line section on the bottom " ALWAYS USED GENUINE FORD MOTOR COMPANY REPLACEMENT PARTS....."
MCA# 78748 Adirondack Shelby Mustang Club
66 Metuchen HT Sprint 200 Package B
6T07T194XXX   65A       Y       22     20A     ?        2       6
                    BODY  COLOR  TRIM  DATE  DSO  AXLE  TRANS
C/O    762
4        A20     6T07T194XXX
65A       Y        22