Author Topic: Caspian blue paint code  (Read 1663 times)

Offline 289route66

Caspian blue paint code
« on: February 01, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »
Can someone tell me the paint code for the 1965 Caspian blue color?

Offline rodster

Re: Caspian blue paint code
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:09:03 AM »
I don't have a crystal ball but I bet 'caspian65' can tell you and sure he will stop by soon.   ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:45:30 AM »
Yeah, I probably should have it committed to memory, lol.

Best to search google to find paint codes.  I would caution that any paint code is not going to be a dead ringer to original as the tints/formulas change over the years with the different paint lines.  Ideally, you'd have a nice original area on your car and have a paint shop match it.  Should be an undisturbed original area with decent coverage.  For instance, up near the windshield under the dash pad, possibly some areas in the trunk or on a coupe, in the rear shelf area.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
Can someone tell me the paint code for the 1965 Caspian blue color?

Believe the "code" can be found in the library section of the site - under Paint Codes, 1965-6 Interior & Exterior  - Information and reprints of period paint codes

Pretty sure the original code will do you little good today so suggest you do a match as Charles suggests. As a possibility you might want to check with TCP Global and see if they have already matched and reformulated  it into one of today's products
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 289route66

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:50:24 AM »
I've already done what Charles suggests, however the paint guys are asking for the code to help them get started.  Thank you for your answers.

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »
When I had my convertible painted just over a year ago, I just gave the paint shop the Color code H, and that came up as Ford Caspian Blue in their system. I got a sample tin and used it against a sample of my original paint and it was pretty much identical, I was surprised considering I live in Australia.
There's a pic of the car in the following thread: http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12628.msg76664#msg76664
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn