Author Topic: Vacuum Hose Repros?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline 9F94M567042

Vacuum Hose Repros?
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »
Hi There,
Looking for a supplier of reproduction vacuum hoses. I know a few repros exist like distributor, radiator, brake booster and windshield washer lines. Anybody have the other vacuum hoses that were used for things like cruise control and tilt wheel? (these would have been 1/4in size) This is for a '69 model mustang/cougar
Thanks,

Offline lancelot66

Re: Vacuum Hose Repros?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »
Maybe start with Jack at Dead Nuts On:

http://www.deadnutson.com/page/page/3902236.htm

Great source that a lot of the forum membership use/endorse.
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline 9F94M567042

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
Lance,
I have checked with Jack at deadnutson. He does have the correct tilt wheel vacuum hose which I intend to order as well as some other stuff. He is thinking maybe this year sometime he will have available the other vacuum hoses, so I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your help, I was hoping maybe someone else knew of another supplier. I would think these would be in demand

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
.......... I would think these would be in demand

Very few cars of our type were ordered with cruise - for the Mustang side it didn't fit the sporty mindset that was often connected to the model.  Allot more of the Cougars got the option and even then very few from my experience so not much demand for reproductions of those. So are cleaning and reusing originals - recoloring the stripes if need be
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 9F94M567042

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
Jeff,
That would be great if I still had the originals! I think when the engine got replaced in my car shortly after I bought her in 1980, the engine compartment got hacked and the original vacuum setup got destroyed. (including removing the tilt wheel vacuum canister that was mounted under the battery tray)I never realized this until recently when I started getting her back to original and have been researching & looking at diagrams and parts using original ford manuals.
So, if I ever get my hands on the idiots that worked on my car................
Anyway, live and learn and NO ONE will ever work on my car again!
Cheers
BTW- 183 w/speed ctrl and 1,076 tilt/swing away steering wheel

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:33:39 PM »
Jeff,
That would be great if I still had the originals! .....................

Was more referring to getting the long hoses from a donor car cutting and coloring them to fit your application.  Have done this a number of times for tilt applications
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »
You might also want to contact these guys as a possible source for the hoses Jeff is referring to:
West Coast Classic Cougar
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/
I've talked to them on the phone before and they're pretty helpful/knowledgeable with used parts that were exact or common to mustangs as well.
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options