Author Topic: 68 deluxe interior, differece between kiwi inserts and comfortweave ?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Matt1968

According to my decoded data,  my deluxe seats had Kiwi Vinyl.  Does anyone have pics of kiwi vs comfortweave? 
Was this an option you could choose between the two that could override the data plate info?
Thanks in advance.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 68 deluxe interior, differece between kiwi inserts and comfortweave ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »
According to my decoded data,  my deluxe seats had Kiwi Vinyl.  Does anyone have pics of kiwi vs comfortweave? 

Kiwi

Comfortweave

Used Shelbys  for the deluxe  black examples - but same seats and material ;)

Was this an option you could choose between the two that could override the data plate info?

If I understand your question completely no the data plate reflected what was on the buildsheet and what workers put in the car - or were suppose to put in the car.  The option was the choice ;)

The "choice" between what was used in certain body styles was a Ford choice not an individual's much like many of the interior choices today.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:41:13 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Matt1968

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
My data plate says Kiwi,  but I swear when I redid the seats in 1990ish,  the covers I pulled off were comfort weave.  I re upholstered with the kiwi.  Could this have been possible from the factory?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:12 PM »
My data plate says Kiwi,  but I swear when I redid the seats in 1990ish,  the covers I pulled off were comfort weave.  I re upholstered with the kiwi.  Could this have been possible from the factory?

It would mean that the inspectors (once they discovered the mistake) to approve it but I guess it could happen. Unfortunately in a show or sale setting your not going to be able to convince many and acceptance is highly unlikely. Would have been possibly easier if you had saved one of the original seats especially if a buildsheet or the rotation number was still in or on the upholstery. Even date old snapshot would be better than having nothing but your recall IMHO

Been asked and involved with a few mistake cars in the past and the question is always if you want or choose to replicate a mistake or put the car as it was meant to be. If you choose to reproduce the mistake then you become "that guy/owner" with the such and such car. ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Matt1968

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »
Thank you for the info !