Author Topic: Just saying thanks  (Read 1214 times)

Offline GTSpecial39

Just saying thanks
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for the info this site has provided me in my adventure of getting my 71 Mach 1 where I want it.  I do have a long ways to go, but am making headway.  I did finally find the "shifter lever" for my C6 and it even was a brand new one, so will have that headache done and over with.....lol  I am leaving the orange peel effect on the car, although we are going to tone it down a little, seems to the body shop, this has a little too much, but am going to keep it.  The whole front suspension is getting done here in the next couple weeks and going with the original rubber bushings instead of the poly ones.  So still having fun, not totally broke yet but working on it  :P

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Just saying thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »
..................  So still having fun, not totally broke yet but working on it  :P

Sounds like you found a balance in your (restoration) life :)

They tell me that's a good place to be - Sometimes (just a personal thing) I thing "fun" is often a feeling for reward or accomplishment for others. In any case glad we could he of help, assistance and a sounding board
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline nham3407

Re: Just saying thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:01:02 PM »
Honestly we can all understand the "not totally broke" statement.  There are most definitely bumps in the road either financially, time, or just patience in one form or another.  They all come and go throughout the project.  The goal does come at some point and hopefully when you make it you can look back and enjoy what you have accomplished and if nothing else give yourself that pat on the back.  I think others on this site would offer you a pat as well for seeing it through.  Keep at it, you will get there.  I am sure all who have assisted you along the way get as much enjoyment in helping answer your questions as well.  That is what keeps us engaged here is to hopefully help others.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)