Author Topic: 65 Palomino dash trim  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Gsboger

65 Palomino dash trim
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
What is the correct color for the metal dash trim and speaker grill on a 1965 palomino interior?
Do they match the dash pad or the metal trim?
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:17:27 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Palomino dash trim
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »
If you are referring to the two long pieces at the base of the windshield, they match the dash pad and speaker grill.
Jim
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65 Palomino dash trim
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:29:37 PM »
First welcome to the site. Hope you find we meet your concours related needs

What is the correct color for the metal dash trim and speaker grill on a 1965 palomino interior?
Do they match the dash pad or the metal trim?

Colors are fairly close to one another but the painted surfaces would have all been painted the same color - though by different times and workers

Unrestored examples

Using the search feature would have turned up these earlier posts/threads Always a good place to start ;)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14223.msg88396#msg88396

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=14429.msg89906#msg89906

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=1333.msg46378#msg46378

PS (since your new ;)  Your thread got moved since it relates only to a specific year or time period represented by a specific section of the forum. If a question relates to a wider set of years or across all years we put or leave it in the general areas like Drivetrain, Interior .....
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Gsboger

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »
Sorry, the more I read the links and post the more I am confused. Should I use the following?

Light palomino PPG code 22520 On all metal trim (Doors, dash, dash trim, quarter panel, speaker grill and steering column
Light palomino PPG code 22520 on kick panels and steering wheel?

Medium palomino PPG code 22519 on Dash pad

What about carpet and sun visor? Should theses be Saddle?

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »
Here's a copy of a page from "How To Restore You Mustang" by Larry Dobbs and Donald Farr, that answers your question. The paint codes are way out of date but you might be able to find a cross reference to today's codes. I can't vouch for the absolute accuracy but so far most of the information is correct.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 05:14:14 AM »
Sorry, the more I read the links and post the more I am confused. Should I use the following?

Light palomino PPG code 22520 On all metal trim (Doors, dash, dash trim, quarter panel, speaker grill and steering column
Light palomino PPG code 22520 on kick panels and steering wheel?

Kick panels and steering wheel were not painted so there is no original or correct paint code for them

Medium palomino PPG code 22519 on Dash pad

Dash pad was not painted so same response as above

What about car
pet and sun visor? Should theses be Saddle?

Sun visors were covered with the same material as the headliner. You would need samples to compare to original carpet or find someone who has done this (using currently available products_)  to have done it already

The library has an original chart similar to the one Jim posted but you likely looked there before you asked
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)