Author Topic: ViN Invalid from Marti Report  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Rossco

ViN Invalid from Marti Report
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:42:31 AM »
Hi everyone

I have a 1967 A code San Jose which is near completion which will be for my son when I leave this wonderful Earth

So for the past month or so I have had some email correspondence with someone who has a 68 R code Cobra jet in a project state and the deal was/is going well

So to clarify me peace of mind I paid for the Marti Auto Report to be published and the result came back as an invalid VIN code I have photos of the buck tag the data tag and the dash tag, they all match (the buck and the data seem to be new) but would appreciate a few views on this and what to do
I cannot import a car without the valid VIN and above all pay R code monies for something that might not be, Am I correct on this issue?

Yours Ross
UK

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: ViN Invalid from Marti Report
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:54:57 AM »
The first thing that stands out for me in your post is that you state that you "have photos of the buck tag the data tag and the dash tag, "

68 San Jose cars would not have been equipped with a buck tag so for me that is a red flag.

There are allot of things that can be done to alter paperwork and cars that i will not go into here.

If you have not purchased the car let run away would be my suggestion. If you want to be a boy scout you might call the local agencies to keep someone else from traveling the same route and getting burnt or at least let them look into matters.

Sure Scott over at the CJ Registry site would be interested in the VIN so that could protect or at least voice concern if any member there consider the car I did send him a like to your posting
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:58:03 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Rossco

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:31:10 AM »
Jeff thanks for the advise I will probably let it go I will notify Scott At Mart Autos, to clarify the car is stated from the Dearborn plant 8F 02R

Thanks again Jeff

Ross

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »
Jeff thanks for the advise I will probably let it go I will notify Scott At Mart Autos, to clarify the car is stated from the Dearborn plant 8F 02R

There has been a bit of a miscommunication - happens

"I have a 1967 A code San Jose which is near completion which will be for my son when I leave this wonderful Earth

So for the past month or so I have had some email correspondence with someone who has a 68 R code Cobra jet

I took that the car was assembled at San Jose but you have confirmed that it instead was built at Dearborn which WOULD have had a buck tag originally so that in itself would not be an indication of any problem. We just had another member earlier in the day describe their car as a R code and it appears they were referring to it as a San Jose built car. One of the things that happen when we're not complete in our posts or only get part of the story

Sorry for any confusion - as always IMHO you should get a third party to look at cars if you can't if interested in any car. But this one does seem to have a issue (VIN not on record or in the Ford database) which would likely be enough for me to walk away especially from a great distance as you are. Just one opinion based on comments provided   :-X
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:27:23 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline Rossco

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »
Totally agree with you Jeff

Thank you for informative words and advise as usual, thank goodness for Marti Auto Reports

Ross

Offline Frostbiten

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:38:39 PM »
Just for further clarification,
Jeff suggested contacting Scott at the CJ registry.
You confirmed you would contact Scott at Marti, I'm sure you meant at the CJ registry?

Plus 1 for walking away.
1968 CJ FB Tahoe Turquoise

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »
Just for further clarification,
Jeff suggested contacting Scott at the CJ registry.
You confirmed you would contact Scott at Marti, I'm sure you meant at the CJ registry?

Lots of Scotts  ::)

Scott at the CJ Registry has been informed. The Registry already knew of the car
Jeff Speegle