Author Topic: Ford Wire Terminals & Connectors  (Read 5363 times)

Offline 66SevenLitre

Source for double-crimp open-ended Flag/Spade connectors?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 04:42:39 AM »
Hello fellow Ford friends ... I am wondering if any of you may have a source for open-ended flag-type spade connectors and black/white striped 10G wire?

Let me explain my application.  First, I am fixing a few incorrect details after a body-off restoration.  One of them is the power window circuit.  While my car is a 7-Litre, many facets of the design and application are similar.  The challenge I have is that there simply isn't the wealth of knowledge and information about 7-Litres as there is for Mustangs.  So I'm hoping some of you may have input which may steer me in the right direction. 

To start, as you know, Ford added a 20A breaker at the solenoid then ran a heavy gauge wire to a "power window safety relay".  In my application, the wire is a black/white striped 10G and the relay is located on the firewall to the left of the wiper motor.  From the relay, a blue wire goes to the PW lockout switch and a red wire goes to the accessory post on the ignition switch (both travel through the firewall and a junction block). 

If you look at the diagram which shows the solenoid, you'll see there are two (double-crimp) flag connectors for the blue/red wires on each side and an open-end spade for the heavy black/white wire which screws into the center connector. Where I need help is on sources for 10G black/white striped wire and the open-end flag-type spade for the center connector on the relay.  So far I've found open-end flag-type spade connectors, but they aren't double-crimp.  Instead they look like the one in the picture.

Anyone have suggestions? 

So far I have checked Vintage Ford but didn't have luck.  http://www.vintageford.com/sect_search.cfm?Line=Wiring%20Shop&Category=Wire-%20PVC%20Insulation%2010ga

Bob (196667Bob) had mentioned Chris Olsen, perhaps he might be able to help? 

Many thanks in advance. 

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:46:57 AM by 66SevenLitre »