Author Topic: 67 engine harness parts needed  (Read 2075 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 engine harness parts needed
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:15 AM »
The "new" idea for me anyway was Richard's suggestion to cut the wire off the donor and drill out the old wire.  After than I can use varying sized of picks to pry them open.

I've done similar with cutting it short (maybe an inch from the connector) and pulling one strand, then the next until is can slip a tool under the crimp or pull all of the wire out leaving the outer jacket. Challenge I have is holding the end well enough without gorillaing it and destroying it. Can be a little heavy handed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 02:29:27 PM »
Sorry  :'( John I could not locate any San Jose fasteners.

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
No problem Marty.  I guess I should update while I'm here.  In the "sometimes it pays to be a pack rat" situation, I found two more donor harnesses while I was looking for something completely different, and voila, there was the clip I needed.

The drilling out and reuse of the terminals worked well, I stopped at the monkey stage and stayed away from the gorilla factor.  I did polish the wire and connector with a fine brass brush, used some flux, tinned the wire, crimped, then applied a little heat.  It flowed nicely and the harness is now installed.

Thanks for the suggestions and help in trying to find parts.

While looking I found a perfect original w/s washer hose set, which cleaned up beautifully, and that is in the car also.

Now on to the next part.   Little by little

John
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660