Author Topic: Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Morsel

Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »
I searched and can't seem to find this info...

I have to do some brake work on my car (1966 February 10th - San Jose - Automatic K-Code Fastback). I figured it was a good time to tackle what may be incorrect currently on my car. I have my calipers done in Silver Zinc (aumi blast in reality, look great by the way) but I seemed to remember reading somewhere that if you had Steel Styled Rally Wheels, that they were blacked out, is this true or am I remembering this incorrectly? I have to take them apart anyway and though I would fix this if they were incorrect.

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:59:42 AM »
I searched and can't seem to find this info...

I have to do some brake work on my car (1966 February 10th - San Jose - Automatic K-Code Fastback). I figured it was a good time to tackle what may be incorrect currently on my car. I have my calipers done in Silver Zinc (aumi blast in reality, look great by the way) but I seemed to remember reading somewhere that if you had Steel Styled Rally Wheels, that they were blacked out, is this true or am I remembering this incorrectly? I have to take them apart anyway and though I would fix this if they were incorrect.

Thanks,

Jason
The outside half of the caliper (facing out) is the silver . The inside half is bare cast iron. I haven't seen the outside half of the front calipers blacked out before . I am aware of some 69 style front calipers being black out but not 65-67.    I have seen the rear brake drums blacked out on deluxe wheel car. Maybe the rear is what you are thinking of.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Morsel

Re: Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:18:26 AM »
The outside half of the caliper (facing out) is the silver . The inside half is bare cast iron. I haven't seen the outside half of the front calipers blacked out before . I am aware of some 69 style front calipers being black out but not 65-67.    I have seen the rear brake drums blacked out on deluxe wheel car. Maybe the rear is what you are thinking of.

Thanks for the response Bob, I wasn’t sure about it and I currently have them done the way you state. I just thought I read that somewhere, but I’ve read a lot of things and could be getting confused with something else. Glad I have them correct.

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior