Author Topic: Need correct color for interior for 65 Twilight Torqouise  (Read 1072 times)

Offline kwester

Need correct color for interior for 65 Twilight Torqouise
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
I know the color code is a different on the inside of the car. Does anyone know what the correct color code should be?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:58:40 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Need correct color for interior for 65 Twilight Torqouise
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:36 PM »
Not sure exactly what your asking so going to do a shotgun response in hopes that I hit the target somewhere

It could be any color (regular production option that year) the buyer wanted. That was the great thing (and somewhat negative) of buying a car in those days. Most were custom (to the owners desires) crafted by the buyer then the buyer waited for the car to be built and delivered. There were suggested charts that sometimes salesmen used but you could get anything (green car with red or blue interior) you wanted. They didn't care they just wanted to sell cars.

Now if your wondering what the original color was and its an early 65-66 car check the door tag if its original, check the buck tag if it was built at a plant that used them, find the buildsheet, pull up the carpet and look for the original color or for some plants it was written on the radiator support

If your asking because your interior color is similar to your exterior color and you need to know what the factory code is and you don't have a door tag or other ways of finding it.
#27 is the interior code for a standard aqua interior in 65
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:03:24 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:42:16 AM »
I know the color code is a different on the inside of the car. Does anyone know what the correct color code should be?
There's a couple of factors that determine the colors and combinations - standard bucket seats, bench seat or the GT option.
Note: Get into the habit of entering, along with the year, the plant, build date, options (A/C, P/S, etc) when you ask a question. A partial VIN helps. Use xx for the last two digits of the VIN (like 5R07C1234xx).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:03:47 AM »
There's a couple of factors that determine the colors and combinations - standard bucket seats, bench seat or the GT option.

Jim how does having the GT option in 65 change or effect the interior color code?

Owners can put their whole VINs if they like. Not like its a secret or something IMHO than needs to be protected especially since if you show your cars its available for viewing (or for later cars you don't even need to have the hood open) for anyone to see and take note. I often do it when describing a a range of vehicles or if I'm posting pictures of someone else's car  since they are not here to make the choice for themselves.

Just a thought but Jim makes a good point. Include the important (for questions) info in your signature will save you time and us asking it over and over again before we respond with answers  ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline kwester

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »
I will be painting my car on the exterior Twilight Turquoise. And just wanting to know what the paint code would be for the interior.

Offline michaelvonlanthen

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »
you might want to check this site:

http://www.early-mustang.com/index.php/65-decode

there you will see all 65 interior possibilities
Michael Vonlanthen
Switzerland

5F08D189*** - 76A   F   42   06G    75   1   6
Guardsman Blue Convertible with white interior, AT, PB, AC, console, Rally-Pac

Offline kwester

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »
Thank you will do!

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »
Jim how does having the GT option in 65 change or effect the interior color code?
Not necessarily the color but the pattern and color combinations that were available with the GT option.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 10:56:12 PM »
Not necessarily the color but the pattern and color combinations that were available with the GT option.
Jim

Never heard that the interior color or patterns were limited on GT option cars. Sure its not a production period thing for 65 since they might coincide with one another.   Just asking and getting off thread so will stop it here ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »
Never heard that the interior color or patterns were limited on GT option cars.
Yup, I mean deluxe (aka pony) interiors. To determine whether a deluxe interior "could" have been original equipment on a 65, the VIN is required.
Jim