Author Topic: 66 Mustang emergency brake clamps  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
66 Mustang emergency brake clamps
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:31:41 PM »
I need help with a picture of the clamp that is mounted between the end of the cable that is held into the bracket with the hair pin and the floor mounted bracket . It is mounted to the floor right above the muffler on a duel exhaust car. I am thinking it might be related to not allowing the E brake cable to droop onto the muffler but not sure.  This bracket does not show up in the assembly manual but does show up in the 66 shop manual. Strangely in the illustration there is not any identification number for it like there is for other fasteners. It looks like a metal fuel line clip . I am trying to determine if so what size 5/16 or 3/8 or special only junk yard available. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:57:22 PM by carlite65 »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 66 Mustang emergancy brake clamps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
I know were it goes because the screw hole is in the floor under the rear seat. I don't have another one handy to compare to and need one for a car. I have a picture in my mind from the past but that only gets me part of the way there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:38:35 PM »
Like these late '65 style?
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
Like these late '65 style?
If the 66 manual illustration is incorrect possibly. It seems to show a half open loop like a fuel line clip in the illustration.

Offline rrenz

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
These are the three under my 66. The lines are reproduction however all the clips and hardware are original.
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st
2001 3.8 Mustang Convertible
2004 40th Anniversary

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
These are the three under my 66. The lines are reproduction however all the clips and hardware are original.
The last picture is the gas line looking clamp in question. Could I trouble you for measurements, length and width? Thank you in advance.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:58 AM »
The last picture is the gas line looking clamp in question. Could I trouble you for measurements, length and width? Thank you in advance.
You're welcome. You "might" look in the library under topic "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet 64-66" by application, in this case "Parking brake . . ".
I need help with a picture of the clamp that is mounted between the end of the cable that is held into the bracket with the hair pin and the floor mounted bracket . It is mounted to the floor right above the muffler on a duel exhaust car. I am thinking it might be related to not allowing the E brake cable to droop onto the muffler but not sure.   
It's the same for all 66 Mustangs, dual or single exhausts, at least the ones made in San Jose. The bracket was documented on two October, 65 builds.
Jim
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:43:36 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline rockhouse66

Re: 66 Mustang emergency brake clamps
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:51:25 AM »
Bob

Here is another picture FYI.  I struggled with this too and found one in a junkyard that I thought was right but was wider and shorter, so there are varieties of this and maybe plant dependent?  This is my Sept. '65 SJ car.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline rrenz

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
That clip measures 1.5 inches by 5/8 of an inch wide.
Ryan
1966 C Code NJ Springtime Yellow
C-4 Automatic
Build Date Jan 21st
2001 3.8 Mustang Convertible
2004 40th Anniversary

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »
That clip measures 1.5 inches by 5/8 of an inch wide.
Thanks very much . That confirms that the ones I found match.