Author Topic: 69 Shoulder Belts  (Read 800 times)

Offline Lakeview

69 Shoulder Belts
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »
Looking for information to find the correct shoulder belts for my 69 coupe (11/68 build).  Missing when purchased so not sure if they should have Velcro, elastic straps etc. Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline jwc66k

Re: 69 Shoulder Belts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
All I remember about my 69 Sportsroof (traded in for a 73 Torino) lap belts were that they came with a "stretchable" elastic strap. Back in those days, you seldom, if ever, got a ticket for not using a lap belt, so they were left in the stowed position. The strap needed to be wrapped several times around the roof post to keep it from sagging too low.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 07:18:51 PM »
Welcome to the site. Hope you find the information and guidance helpful in your restoration projects and efforts

Not an easy place to get a picture of nor an area that gets allot of attention so forgive the quality and angle of the following pictures. Putting them all together should give you a general idea of the features, parts and arrangements. Of course these are used so the elastic bands are stretched  and they are not stowed away as they originally would have been. Many simply left these off during "restorations" done in the 80 & 90's

Hope these help

There may be illustrations of the assembles in the Assembly manual associated with this section of the car
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline bgp429

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:28:54 PM »
A couple pictures from an early build [Feb 69] Dearborn. Knot in the elastic strap is not stock.