Author Topic: plastic heater plenum  (Read 5324 times)

Offline jwc66k

Re: plastic heater plenum
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 12:20:12 AM »
Here's the back side of one attached to the heater/blower assembly. It went into 6S1902. The heater blower was the test case for replacing the blower motor wiring.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
Nah, I wouldn't flaunt my position with MCA for personal gain.

It will be here when you arrive later in the year.   8)

and now it resides in my collection of parts......  bring it out every know and then and freak some of the experts out from down under.
good purchase in my eyes even if I paid a premium from a MCA and SAAC judge.  hehehehe

Now if I could possible prize the NOS one out of Mr Speegles hand I would be a happy man

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »
I've been looking at one of my broken cardboard plenums for a bit now.
I've also used steam and clamping to attempt a reconstruction.

So let those uninformed HVAC newbies like me in on what in the world is that plastic plenum with staples?
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »
So let those uninformed HVAC newbies like me in on what in the world is that plastic plenum with staples?

Best explanation I can come up with is that it was an 'improved' version from a later parts run.  Have never seen one originally installed on a car.

Falls into 'all service replacement parts are not created equal' category...  :)
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Scott302

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »
The plastic plenum dates to the mid-80's.  A manager from Ford Parts and Service division brought a prototype by the shop one day to show it to us.  I'm thinking it was around 1986.  He told us Ford was going to resurrect the part and make it available again.  Sometime later it appeared in the price books.  They did not last long though.  I think they were discontinued within a few years.  Probably didn't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.  It was about the same time the first aftermarket reproductions were becoming available.  I still have one in one of my cars.
Regards,
Scott
Scott Halseth
Ford Product Manager
National Parts Depot
MCA#01776

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 08:55:08 PM »
The plastic plenum dates to the mid-80's.  A manager from Ford Parts and Service division brought a prototype by the shop one day to show it to us.  I'm thinking it was around 1986.  He told us Ford was going to resurrect the part and make it available again.  Sometime later it appeared in the price books.  They did not last long though.  I think they were discontinued within a few years.  Probably didn't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.  It was about the same time the first aftermarket reproductions were becoming available.  I still have one in one of my cars.
Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott - still a conversation piece
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »
JEFF/SCOTT.

the plastic plenum (pictures in previous post) I have in its ford box is dated 15th september 1987.

probably will never be used by me, just like funky weird ford parts

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589