Author Topic: 70 Boss 302 - Taillight Harness Clips  (Read 1862 times)

Offline rockhouse66

70 Boss 302 - Taillight Harness Clips
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »
The 1970 assembly manual shows a 370408-S100 clip retaining the taillight harness to the taillight mounting studs.  This is some sort of J clip.  What are people using for this?  Maybe just the usual J clip that is normally found on valve cover bolts to retain the engine feed harness?  I don't see a source for this specific clip.

Oddly, the special flat style retaining nut is available, but the clip is not?

Car in question is a 11/22/69 Dearborn built Boss 302.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:48:54 PM by J_Speegle »
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Taillight Harness Clips
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
Can't help with a source and they look slightly different from the engine feed loom but that might work until you get them

Found different ones on very early cars but for the time period your looking for the pictures below should help with the design and look. Looks like you need 4 unless you have the California vapor return system

Hope this helps

0F03R123xxx Appears that one of the retainer speed or slip nuts came off

0F02G15xxxx

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:48:32 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
Jeff, how does the California vapor return system affect the number of clips? Does it change the wire routing?
I'm just curious as my car is in the shop and I won't be able to check things out for a number of months!
Brad

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
Jeff, how does the California vapor return system affect the number of clips? Does it change the wire routing?
I'm just curious as my car is in the shop and I won't be able to check things out for a number of months!
Brad

Had to find some pictures (not easy as that corner is hidden under the taillight and allot of brackets and stuff to get in the way)

Appears by my examples that there was not change to the one far driver's side mounting point. Since I had not found or looked at that earlier I left that detail open to cover my bases ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)