Author Topic: How little things have changed  (Read 1117 times)

Offline RocketScientist

How little things have changed
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »
One is out of my 67 Mustang and the other out of my 2013 Falcon XR6 and it can be seen that little has changed in 47 years.

The Falcon XR6 is a wonderful Aussie RWD car that is being killed off by Ford Corporate because they think we all should be driving front wheel drive cars.  The only consolation is that we get the new Mustang down under.
Brad.

Offline jwc66k

Re: How little things have changed
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:41:01 AM »
Many of the wire colors are the same over the years. The courtesy lamp main power is green with a yellow strip on my 1965 Fastback and my 1999 E250 Van and is wire number 54 in both. Same with switched courtesy lights, black with a blue stripe and wire number 53. That is probably to make it easier to troubleshoot wiring by keeping the same colors for the same functions.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline gjz30075

Re: How little things have changed
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
Except the length of the handle to remove the lug nuts.   I can't imagine trying to get a slightly overtightened lug off, on the side of the road,  with that thing.   Unfortunately not unusual for any new car.
Greg Z