Author Topic: FDAF Waived......, on My Car's Shipping Invoice  (Read 1804 times)

Offline berkeleyfish07

FDAF Waived......, on My Car's Shipping Invoice
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
I have a 71 Mach 1. M-Code. at the bottom of the invoice it says

"FDAF Waived.
For Ford Marketing Corporation. 
Read Ford Motor Company. 
Tax Exempt_Schedule A Credit "

I would like to help verify what the previous owner have told me about this being something that adds value. any help or explanation would definitely be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:05:57 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: FDAF Waived......,
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »
Since I have seen the shipping invoice must add that the car was sent to a regular dealer and the Factory information suggest that the car was simply built for retail. Adding to this its a March built car.

The invoice shows the car was being sold to Ford Motor Company but shipped to a dealer in Seattle.

The wording

"FDAF Waived.
Read Ford Motor Company.

Is the same wording I have on a number of other invoices possibly suggesting credits and exchanges during the interim shipping process.

For me it looks like a possible lease vehicle for some Ford employee in the NW.

IMHO not additional value would be assigned to the vehicle unless there is more to the story and can be documented but looks like its possibly one of thousands that were leased this way. Believe that the "Shipped To" location and the time of year makes all the difference in this example
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 70cj428

Re: FDAF Waived......, on My Car's Shipping Invoice
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 12:27:23 AM »
"FDAF Waived.
Read Ford Motor Company.

From what I was told by a friend who was a sales manager in 1969-1971, FDAF was the "Ford Dealers Advertising Fund" and it was a fee added to each car sold retail that paid for the factory advertising. Since the car was initially sold (at least on paper) from one Ford division to another, they waved the FDAF fee. That's also why the car was Tax Exempt ....

My friend was a pretty die hard Ford guy all his life, and was usually right on the money with his info. That said, I'd try and confirm this info before I took it as gospel....

What's the order type listed as on the Marti Report ?

John

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:56:06 PM »
What's the order type listed as on the Marti Report ?

Believe it was Retail

Also the car carries a export DSO so this invoice likely represents a dealer transfer for a car that was going to be shipped overseas - possibly a serviceman stationed in the pacific rim (overseas). Maybe Okinawa

Door sticker would have had different wording on it since it was an export

Also the invoice shows that it was being "sold" (likely just an accounting thing)  and includes the letters - FIGESO

Which were vehicles (Ford International General Export Sales Office) Cars that were built for export according to Kevin Marti
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:45:22 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jeff8877

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »
Here is a copy of page 2 of my Eminger invoice with similar but different wording...

FDAF Waived
Intra-Company Allowance
For Ford Marketing Corporation