Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Looking for the rear interior side panel in VERY GOOD condition, passenger side for 69 fastbacks.  However will consider both sides if available.

Picture is for reference only.
Wanted Ads / WTB 65-66 NOS Fastback Passenger Quarter
« Last post by livetoride60 on Today at 12:32:32 PM »

Looking for a 65-66 NOS Fastback Passenger Quarter, preferably in the Midwest.

Pic for reference only.

Thanks
Wanted Ads / Re: Looking for paint stamp for toploader trans
« Last post by DaveF on Today at 11:07:02 AM »
Thanks Jeff, I was aware that the markings were originally made by a stamp, but since I could find no way of getting a stamp, I thought that I would be forced to use a stencil. Sometimes I have trouble navigating the CJ sight, but I?ll give it a try. Thanks!
1969 Mustang / Re: San Jose Door hinge sealer?
« Last post by J_Speegle on April 18, 2024, 11:20:44 PM »
Like Dearborn the upper hinge go sealant on the leading front edge, along the top and rounding around the top rear surface about 1/2" to finish off the pass

No sealant around the lower hinge for some reason

The forward part of one or both hinges could have also received additional sealant from the vertical spray sealant application as shown in the pictures below. Seems pretty common so likely one or two workers of same or different shifts

« Last post by J_Speegle on April 18, 2024, 10:42:10 PM »
Going to disagree on this one with Pete. The markings were not created using a stencil

Thought I mentioned that in the article in the Library titled - - Paint Marks - 64-70 Manual Transmission IF not its in one or more other threads on this site

If you look at enough of them you can see that they did not use stencils but rather a stamp like so many other factory premade markings. The stencil idea got started way back in the 80's likely because the stampings were very poor and worn and areas of paint were missing. If you compare enough you can see that the sections in the paint rarely match up from one example to another while others have no paint missing in those areas. Just basic investigation principles

As for the stamp you have two options or purchase a stamp or go over to the CJ site and if you have already joined do a search and ask who has the GAZ stamp. A number of years ago I made and gave the identification stamps for the different years to the site so they became loans that got passed around. Many members over there purchased their own but the loaners helps out a bunch of members over the years. These programs worked at the sites where there are only a couple of manual transmissions used on all the cars. For this site there are way to many different types and markings

GAZ loaner thread over on the CJ site

https://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?topic=23135.msg155373#msg155373
1967 Mustang / Re: Front Windshield
« Last post by SCJSTU on April 18, 2024, 10:35:10 PM »
I second ECS?got a date coded correct logo windshield 2 years ago?.perfect
1970 Mustang / Re: 70 Dearborn question?
« Last post by JohnB on April 18, 2024, 06:08:16 PM »
More commonly called "tooling fixture alignment holes".
Jim

OK. Thanks
1970 Mustang / Re: 70 Dearborn question?
« Last post by jwc66k on April 18, 2024, 04:10:58 PM »
At the plant likely for lining up the sub-structure in a jig to produce a subassembly

Nothing attaches there on a completed Mustang
More commonly called "tooling fixture alignment holes".
Jim
« Last post by DaveF on April 18, 2024, 03:35:39 PM »
I imagine that you are correct. Maybe I?ll try that. Thanks
« Last post by Coralsnake on April 17, 2024, 08:17:48 PM »
That was probably a stencil. You can make your own very easily
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10