Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Drivetrain / Re: 289 Cobra engine number
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 08:46:13 PM »
Yep, same old Bob.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
And same old Mike . ;)
Richard:
We all have those moments. I wish I would have thought about making spares and patterns for others when I was dealing with tough things not readily available.

-Keith

My dad always stressed that with me.  Make more than you need. Save the best and a spare then sell the others to those in need. I try and practice that when needed
Drivetrain / Re: Cobra Jet Detailing Guide
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 06:04:25 PM »
Great effort as always. Know how hard it is to keep these articles from growing out of hand as one details is related to another and then another.

Might have added more white space - balance is off from the viewers point and information can look crowded as the eye naturally moves from the top left to the lower right corner of the page and pictures (and in turn details) get smaller because of the lack of space and balance.  Just an observation and something that was stressed in my education related to design and layout. Ya my department actually sent me to school for that sort of thing  ::)

As an example of one details creating a need for another would be the hose style shown in the PVS pictures. Some may assume that all of the CJ's can with or are correct with the MX marked hoses.

Another detail. Does it look like the attaching bolt heads for the bellhousing to engine are painted in the picture on page 18, Item #58. Seems that if the intake was sprayed and the bell housing below the visible (top side and rear face) part of the bolts and washers would have engine paint on them. Should be able to PhotShop those in to make that go away   ;) 

Keep up with the good work and thanks for sharing it here on our site
Drivetrain / Re: Cobra Jet Detailing Guide
« Last post by azscj on Today at 03:28:56 PM »

I updated the link now to version 1.1 at the beginning of this thread with changes and edits.  Let me know if you see anything else in here....certainly appreciate everyone's input and time reading something this long.  Next time I will have to do a 6 cylinder detail article to make my life easier.
Attached are the Sector Shafts(3575) and Sector Shaft (Pitman) Arms for 1967 as noted in the 1960-68 MPC, both from pages dated August 1968.

Bob
Drivetrain / Re: 289 Cobra engine number
« Last post by mikeljgt500kr on Today at 02:38:53 PM »
I am aware that you had a very nice 7000 series Cobra.  I thought you might have purchased a CSX 2000 or 3000 series vintage Cobra that I was not aware of . Although good to know by any Cobra owner the info Dan provided is relevant to the vintage Cobras. In case you are not aware the build techniques in this engine number regard are not relevant to the 90's on up continuation series Cobras.

Yep, same old Bob.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1969 - 1970 / Re: Buck Tag Mounting
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 02:32:28 PM »
Thanks again Jeff, I have that marking but it doesn't seem to match either of my rotation numbers, its hard to see but looks like  9 A X see attached pic

The 9 may be the last letter of what is left of your rotation number. The "X" is often a poorly applied "F" that disignated that the body was for a Mustang (seen it before at San Jose and Dearborn during a couple of years of production)  since the Cougars were built on the same line and from the front during a large part of the assembly its had to tell the two apart quickly and from a distance

"A" on you car is something new and likely connected to something that needed calling out to one or more stations down the line
General Discussion / Re: SAAC Forum down
« Last post by 69GT350H on Today at 02:17:34 PM »
Hopefully there were some files they are able to recover. I am not familiar with the behind the scenes operations of SMF but as they are now going to version 2.x, there is usually a conversion utility for those who upgrade. SQL can be a pain to backup and restore though, and it's not just a simple matter of copying the files.
1965 - 1970 Shelby / Re: 68 convertible Trunk weather stripping tips
« Last post by TLea on Today at 01:46:30 PM »
Regarding the 68's this isn't just a repo part issue it was like that on assembly line. We have seen several cars that the edge of the rear trunk corner (body not lid) was hammered down in an attempt to make it fit better. These were original unmolested cars.
There is a fairly easy fix and it's not about seal mfg although the softer one is better. When gluing at the corners keep seal about 1/4" away from the shoulder on the radiuses  This keeps fat part of seal away from tight part of fit. Works perfectly
1964 1/2 - 1966 / C4 trans vacuum mod line
« Last post by ChrisV289 on Today at 01:41:33 PM »
Not sure if it should go here or in the parts section but picked up a new vacuum mod line for a c4 automatic one piece with one threaded end. Comparing it to my old one the bends seem completely different. The part was made in 2008 so not sure if they have made improvements since then. Was going to replace my old one but seemed to clean up nicely after some steel wool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10