Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
In order to help direct this thread back to more of its original Topic (67-68 Select-Aire Vacuum Hoses, Routing, Markings & Connections), I offer the following attachments for your information. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer sources for the striped hoses.

Bob
Misc Items / Re: Autopsy And Anatomy Of A Fuel Sender -
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 01:36:51 AM »
Thanks Bob. I follow this approach - “The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer”. It sort of rubbed off my father onto me. We both had one shortcoming, too many projects.
Jim
It seems doubtful that Kevin would feel the need to call out a variation in the Options/Features section of the report when the 2 or 3 digit trim code already explains those particular variations, IMHO. For instance: Teak vs Walnut woodgrain was not an optional difference and the wood tone could not be specified by the 'orderer'. It was simply a running change by the manufacturer.
Anything unusual on that example that might provide a clue?
Nothing blaringly obvious, but I have not really had a chance to spend serious time with that car yet.  ;) He had the Marti displayed on the core support at a show and I just happened to notice that term when I glanced at the report.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: A/C Firewall sealant or grommet?
« Last post by 66RavenGTCoupeAgain on Today at 12:06:28 AM »
Thanks Charles
I apologize.  The picture you show of the parking cable bracket is actually from my car.  I submitted it in another post and didn't realize I inserted the wrong picture.  The colors on it are not correct.  I had my camera on the wrong setting.  The bracket is laying on a green drafting table.  As you can see the table is not green. 

Guess this is a great example of why one can not trust what we see posted on the internet when it comes to colors, tones and tints.

You have likely seen  the picture of the aqua car before so let us discuss that one. Unfortunately we only have a single picture and one of low resolution Probelm I/m having is from just the one angle its difficult to see if the light gray is over or under other colors.

For discussion purposes I labeled finishes, coatings and such

Dark green - The light gray
Red - Sound deadener or undercoating
Purple - Bare steel/sheet metal?
Orange - Exterior color overspray. Allot of this car.
Blue - Is this signs of repair and brazing?
Light green - Is this chipping of the top coat exposing what is under - through the light gray applied to the frame rail and area.

As you can make out the wheel wells on this example also have gray pretty heavy in the wheel wells

You can make out the areas where someone has been scrapping with a pulley knife or similar plastic blade. Likely removing the undercoating and exposing the body color under in the area just behind the shock mount support

Keep getting the feeling I'm missing something, a sign or a point, in the picture that would provide a clue to what took place

On your car we had a couple of areas where it seemed it was much darker than other areas.
1969 - 1970 / Re: Elite Marti report question - "Trim Variation" in 69
« Last post by J_Speegle on July 24, 2017, 11:36:29 PM »
My WAG:
It could be as simple as: Kevin is including "Trim Variation" nomenclature, to more recently generated Marti Reports that show 3 digit interior trim codes. In the Mustang and Cougar tag book, there are footnotes next to most every 3 digit trim code. 1967-73, there are instances of suffix code 1, A, B, C, & E, all with footnotes. The footnotes have notes and the word "variation". Some variations are explained.

Only my guess, please don't shoot the messenger.

Yes same thought as I had from the beginning we see this in some other ways as you look at the reports over the years
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 66A interior trim code vs 66
« Last post by J_Speegle on July 24, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
Sorry Jeff, I think it was an old repro that I saw.  Confirmed with my friend Lennie who has probably recovered 100 of these that they were indeed steel.

No problem - I've never seen a reproduction  in fact never knew they made them
Misc Items / Re: Autopsy And Anatomy Of A Fuel Sender -
« Last post by Bob Gaines on July 24, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »
Interesting detailed post . It sounds like you got close. It makes me think of the Edison quote "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." I for one appreciate the effort.
1971 - 1973 / Re: 351 C 2v ignition wires??
« Last post by 67_1183 on July 24, 2017, 10:50:05 PM »
... wires remained welded to the plug.  Those darn things were stuck solid and I ended up cutting them off...
Did you use silicone dielectric grease under the boots on installation? I am guessing not, but let us know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10