Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: removing 1966 (289)heater core preparation
« Last post by Hipo giddyup on Today at 12:18:26 PM »
Here are a few pics of an original heater core set up that I have recently sourced. Was even lucky enough to have acquired the used cardboard plenum with it (in good shape). Unfortunately I am not sure of the VIN or assembly plant for this Mustang as perhaps installation could have varied with how the tower clamps were positioned? It also had the original FoMoCo heater in it with a date of 11/65'. I since have reused the heater core with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.. ;)
Events / Re: Route 66 Fest
« Last post by Josep on Today at 10:34:59 AM »
When is that event sheduled for..?
I plan to do a small part of the route by Oct. 27th, from Oklahoma City to Amarillo.

Josep
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?
« Last post by Morsel on Today at 01:18:26 AM »
The outside half of the caliper (facing out) is the silver . The inside half is bare cast iron. I haven't seen the outside half of the front calipers blacked out before . I am aware of some 69 style front calipers being black out but not 65-67.    I have seen the rear brake drums blacked out on deluxe wheel car. Maybe the rear is what you are thinking of.

Thanks for the response Bob, I wasnít sure about it and I currently have them done the way you state. I just thought I read that somewhere, but Iíve read a lot of things and could be getting confused with something else. Glad I have them correct.

Jason
Member Restorations/Builds / Re: 1968 unrestored High Country Special
« Last post by rodster on Today at 01:07:38 AM »
Thanks for the info.... :)

The search option on most sites have limitations.

I use the following Google format to find pictures within this site:
site:www.concours.com text to search
where "text to search" is a boolean search (meaning find the word "text", "to" and "search").
If you actually put "text to search" in quotes you narrow the results to that phrase.

Further, using Google's topic bar, you can narrow your search to images by selecting the "Images" button.

Add your handy tips to this thread.

I've used Google custom search but like your suggestion better! 

The actual syntax for searching this site is:

site:www.concoursmustang.com text to search

In case someone (like me)   ;)  does a cut and paste!

Thanks!!
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Kelsey Hayes Brake Caliper color?
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:59:42 AM »
I searched and can't seem to find this info...

I have to do some brake work on my car (1966 February 10th - San Jose - Automatic K-Code Fastback). I figured it was a good time to tackle what may be incorrect currently on my car. I have my calipers done in Silver Zinc (aumi blast in reality, look great by the way) but I seemed to remember reading somewhere that if you had Steel Styled Rally Wheels, that they were blacked out, is this true or am I remembering this incorrectly? I have to take them apart anyway and though I would fix this if they were incorrect.

Thanks,

Jason
The outside half of the caliper (facing out) is the silver . The inside half is bare cast iron. I haven't seen the outside half of the front calipers blacked out before . I am aware of some 69 style front calipers being black out but not 65-67.    I have seen the rear brake drums blacked out on deluxe wheel car. Maybe the rear is what you are thinking of.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: removing 1966 (289)heater core preparation
« Last post by socalgt on Today at 12:41:23 AM »
Thanks.....I didn't realize the tower clamps were used on the hoses at the heater core itself, in addition to the connections in the engine compartment.  (Hard to find of picture of that area)
Interior & Trunk / Re: Gray 1/4 wheelhouse protector
« Last post by caspian65 on Today at 12:33:32 AM »
"Speggle"  ????   ::)

Lost in translation....   ;) ;D
Thanks for posting.  I have found this useful for many years, not for just forums either.
Member Restorations/Builds / Re: 1968 unrestored High Country Special
« Last post by ruppstang on September 21, 2017, 11:55:38 PM »
Very nice!

Great to see original cars. I have a 67, very similar condition. How did you clean the bottom taking care not to remove any overspray? How many miles on the car?

I would leave the paint alone unless it needs touched up to prevent rust.  Every ding and dent tells a story.  ;)
It as 52850 miles. I used Super Clean and water with a lot of elbow grease. I am sure that I lost some over spray but this car drove gravel county roads so I was very happy with what was left.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10