1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Heat shields over motor mounts or not?

(1/3) > >>

fast66:
Hi,
On my -64 April 260 I know that there should be steel heat shields between the block and motor mounts.

I also have a late November -66 with 289/C4. Should the heat shields (none there today) be present in this setup also regardless of type of motor mount?

thanks,
Claes

Richard P.:
I've seen the heat shields on late 1966 V8 Mustangs.

J_Speegle:
Will see if the pictures turn up. As a somewhat related note - some of the other later small blocks used a single heat shield on the passenger side motor mount only

outlawincorporated:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 12, 2015, 08:22:51 PM ---Will see if the pictures turn up. As a somewhat related note - some of the other later small blocks used a single heat shield on the passenger side motor mount only

--- End quote ---

I just recently started a resto on a unrestored 66 NJ (april) convertible and there is/was only one heat shield on the passenger side.  got me thinking!!!!!

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

rocket289k:
During the restoration of my late July 1965 projected build date Metuchen car I found heat shields on both the driver and the passenger side motor mounts.

Regards,

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version