Author Topic: coil position on 66 C code  (Read 2830 times)

Offline ozzyone

• Mustang caretaker...Proud & Passionate
coil position on 66 C code
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
I have a 66 C code coupe built in Metuchen 23rd Sept. 65, is the coil meant to be on the front of the r/h cylinder head or on the intake manifold just under the air filter base
this is where it is currently fitted.

Cheers Dale
Dale Smith
MCA Member #75366 & MOCSA Member #787

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: coil position on 66 C code
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:18 AM »
I have a 66 C code coupe built in Metuchen 23rd Sept. 65, is the coil meant to be on the front of the r/h cylinder head or on the intake manifold just under the air filter base
this is where it is currently fitted.

Yes, that is exactly where it goes on a non-smog car.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline ozzyone

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:46 PM »
Thank you Charles your knowledge is invaluable........I am in Australia & we just had our Mustang Nationals at Easter. My car was entered in our Concours Original class, which I was awarded a Bronze award. Alas our judges aren't as knowledgeable as you guys I lost points for my coil placement, was told it should be under a/filter base. Regards Dale
Dale Smith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Thank you Charles your knowledge is invaluable........I am in Australia & we just had our Mustang Nationals at Easter. My car was entered in our Concours Original class, which I was awarded a Bronze award. Alas our judges aren't as knowledgeable as you guys I lost points for my coil placement, was told it should be under a/filter base.

Hopefully some of the judges will take advantage of this site and we in turn can help out.  Can't IMHO beat the fact that its free !!!

Maybe a trip down under will develop in the next year or so ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ozzyone

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
I found this site only yesterday........boy I wish I had found it 12 months ago. We have a terrific forum here in Australia but to get correct Concours info is almost impossible 98% of Mustang owners here are not into perfection or originality only resto mod cars, which is fine dont get me wrong but I am a perfectionist & am striving to make my car as original as possible.I have no intention of turning it into some trailer queen & shipping across the country regularly as a show car I am just the kind of guy who wants everything he has the best it can be. I look forward to using this forum regularly & thank you all in advance for your comments........Cheers Dale
Dale Smith

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
As an FYI... there are 2 Aussie's that are current MCA judges.  One being an MCA Boss Gold Card Judge and the other being an MCA 64.5-66 Certified Judge!

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
DALE.  i have been trying for the last few years to get the likes of Jeff Speegle, Charles Turner and Mike Murray to Australia for some concours education for our fellow Australians.  unfortunately this hasnt taken shape due to one reason or another but there may be light at the end of the tunnel soon, but till then this forum represents a good starting base.

I dont judge concours in Australia and to be honest have never been asked too, but do get called to advise on some cars that where judge recently in Adelaide and your was one of them.  they where going to knock you for your engine mounts as well, maybe they did maybe they didnt i dont know what the final outcome was. i have no issue where your coil is mounted. lets just put it down to an error by the judges this time round.

we are still in the learning years for concours in this country. it needs to be improved and eductaion is the key to this. Maybe with inclusion of SEAN as a Australian judge this may begin to take place.

Best regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline ozzyone

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:45 PM »
Hey Phil......noticed you were on here. Gee wish I found this forum ages back. As you would be well aware the C word ( concours ) is not always welcomed locally & most guys dont get it. I am a bit fussy, I dont have the greatest car by any means but it is my only Mustang I have had, probably the only one I will ever have & I want it to be as good as I can make it. Sometimes just moving an item or a small change to something can be the differance between right & wrong. I also got points deducted for having rivets in my rain rail for my vinyl roof. I know judges have to start somewhere & there will always be mistakes made but it is frustrating, trying to forgive them for mistakes made but at your expense.
Phill can I ask you something.......MOCA rules.....is gold 900-1000, silver 800-900 & bronze 750-800 or 700-800, was not sure in my gold coloured Concours guidlines booklet it says 750-800, Cheers Dale
Dale Smith