Author Topic: 69 GT350 Sportroof restoration thread - Mostly Drivetrain - Lots of pictures  (Read 9819 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Hey Jeff, I know this is an old thread but this was the only thread that hit when I searched for fuel tank drain plug and just wanted to verify. My car is a January 8th build so a drain plug would be correct? Thanks, Dennis
Not Jeff but Jan 8 is typically before Ford phased out the drain plug in 69.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
20 years ago it used to be common to only find gas tanks without drain plugs NOS and aftermarket. Now today it is just the opposite. The people trying to find a assemblyline looking gas tank for a later 69 car are typically having a difficult time.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Hey Jeff, I know this is an old thread but this was the only thread that hit when I searched for fuel tank drain plug and just wanted to verify. My car is a January 8th build so a drain plug would be correct? Thanks, Dennis

No problem - same opinion as Bob posted. Your car would have had the drain
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Dennis Y

Thanks everyone! Wasn't sure cause I suspect the tank was replaced once before due to previous damage. Old tank was clean on the inside but paint and other overspray on the out side plus 2 damaged mounting holes. Didn't want to take any chances and wanted to be sure. Still in Paint Purgatory but trying to take advantage of the Thanksgiving sales.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 09:56:58 AM by Dennis Y »

Offline specialed

correct