Author Topic: Decal Locations on a Dearborn 69 Mach 1  (Read 8382 times)

Offline MEADOWFERN

Decal Locations on a Dearborn 69 Mach 1
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »
Hello, Trying to put the finishing touches on labeling my 69 Mach 1 now that everything is repainted. This is a Dearborn car produced on 6-18-69. This is an FMX automatic, posi rear, a/c, p/s, front disk brake car. I'm not finding much in the searches I've done. I have the decal renewal package from NPD. I've got the easy decals down: caution fan, tire pressure, spare tire, driver's inner shock tower spec label... it's all these other ones I need help with. Anybody have some photos to assist me with the rest? Much appreciated if you can forward, or point me to a site that shows them applied. Thanks in advance!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Decal Locations on a Dearborn 69 Mach 1
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »
You missed one little detail - what engine??

Hope you didn't purchase one of the engine decal kits since it includes many un-needed/unoriginal decals (like the CAUTION decal! - not original to your car)

You should be looking to location

-The timing spec decal

-Air filter decal

-Completed battery test decal (hopefully you puchased the finished ECS decal for this)

-Engine ID tag/decal

Which others do you have that need a home?

While we are at it - which tire pressure decal did you get?  Should be a D0ZA one
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline MEADOWFERN

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »
Sorry, I did forget a thing or two... yes, this is a 351W with the shaker air intake. Attached is a pdf of my remaining decals. Not sure which of these is relevant, or where they go. And yes, I did put the orange WARNING FAN on the shroud like most everyone else I've seen, ha ha! If there's a picture that shows location, or a verbal description, that would be great. Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Evan

Offline MEADOWFERN

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »
Hi, just checking back. Is this inquiry now dead, or will something become available? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:23:36 PM by MEADOWFERN »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »
Hi, just checking back. Is this inquiry now dead, or will something become available? Thanks.

Sorry this took some time - in years past questions like these took months to get answers to. It seems that in the age of the internet - everyone believes answers are instantaneous, are all available in some mystic cloud and require no research.

All we can ask is your patience as we try and help - so far I've got three four hours invested in this response. My main computer took a dump so I'm making do with a laptop with a small screen ;)  I'm sure there are at least 30 people that think I'm ignoring their emails and post as I get to this one - for those seeing this thread I will get to you ea

OK I took your pdf and labeled each of the decals you have left - and placed corresponding

A- Emission/timing decal - located drivers side valve cover - See picture

B- Coil decal - would not use. Originally this was a ink stamp so the decal is the wrong practice, Then add the fact that it carries a 1970 date code

C- Jack decal - located lower arm ck of the jack - See picture

D-  Battery check decal - you would need the ink date stamps and the inspector stamp to complete it. Rather than having stamps made up for this purpose (will run at least $20 for both if you had the art work) I suggest buying the ECS one since they can provide the 69 Dearborn one since that seems to be the one they reproduce

E & H- One of the inspector decals. These are difficult to place since they rarely survive leaving only the adhesive to indicate where they were My best guess would be in either position marked #1 or #2 for your year and month

F- Firewall somewhat centered -  See picture

G- Located in drivers side door jamb - See picture

J & K- Neither was used originally on a car like yours

L- On rear valance under where the rear lic plate would be attached - See picture

As mentioned, there is still the engine id decal (marked M) that you don't have

Hope this helps and is worth the wait ;)

Jeff Speegle

Offline MEADOWFERN

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »
Hello, My apologies if I came across as trying to rush you, I assure you I wasn't. I saw that my inquiry was moved and I only wanted to know if it was headed for deletion. Please, I was not trying to rush you as I see you are being bombed with requests from 100 directions... constantly! I sincerely appreciate all your hard work researching this, your efforts are appreciated more than you can imagine. You're a wealth of information is invaluable to all of us. Thank you for your hard work;  I wish I could return the favor somehow. Evan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 02:46:58 AM »
The movement was just to clean house - this got moved over here since it is year specific (we try to leave stuff in the general catagories if it will benefit multiple years and models)

Sorry for the rant - get overloaded at times. Yesterday spent the day reviewing a restoration and today flew out to look at another in southern Cal

...................... I wish I could return the favor somehow. Evan

All we ask is that you help others out when they need help, answer a question where you can help out and a small donation at times (hopefully the site helps all save time and money in the long run) to help Randy keep this site afloat  :)
Jeff Speegle

Offline Aussiemach

• Silver Level Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 04:32:43 AM »
Any variation for a San Jose built M1 as above?
1969 Mach 1 351w FMX Built in San Jose, February 26 1969

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
Any variation for a San Jose built M1 as above?

Yes plenty

If your looking for those details we would ask that you start a new thread so the information does not get lost (for later viewers) in a Dearborn heading
Jeff Speegle