Author Topic: 1967 Shelby Arning upper control arm drop deduction?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline 1967 eight barrel

1967 Shelby Arning upper control arm drop deduction?
« on: February 28, 2016, 12:56:45 AM »
My '67 GT500 has the Arning drop. I don't know who it was done by, but my vehicle was a one owner vehicle and has been off the road since 1977. The previous owner has since passed , so I can't ask.

The question at hand is would this one be penalized point wise for this modification?

-Keith
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:57:55 AM by 1967 eight barrel »
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.
Field Marshal Sir William Slim

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1967 Shelby Arning upper control arm drop deduction?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 03:56:46 AM »
My '67 GT500 has the Arning drop. I don't know who it was done by, but my vehicle was a one owner vehicle and has been off the road since 1977. The previous owner has since passed , so I can ask.

The question at hand is would this one be penalized point wise for this modification?

Since its not factory - most likely yes if they notice it - in mt experience
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »
Since its not factory - most likely yes if they notice it - in mt experience
+1 . Are you planning on concours competition or popular vote? If for concours(Mustang and Shelby venues) it is expected to be all Factory stock.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:01:12 PM »
Thanks again. I had a feeling that would be the case.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:42:52 PM »
You should fix that, it isn't that hard to do.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 12:35:08 AM »
I could, but I'm not going to. It's not a trailer queen. I will be driving it. So It will stay. I despise the rear low rider rake too, so the vehicle sits balanced and level. I am doing most of the vehicle to look completely correct, but I made a few changes to the engine that can be reversed relatively easy if the need arises.  8)