Author Topic: 1967 mustang S code Exhaust tip clamps  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Horace Collums

1967 mustang S code Exhaust tip clamps
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:53:40 AM »
Hello all,  first of all I would like to thank everyone for all the help you have given me with my mustang.  It was a real challenge trying to make the MCA show in OK.  A few day of rest and I am ready to get started again. I am awaiting my judging sheet so I can start to fine tune the mustang for possable the next show in WA.

I am looking for the original exhaust tip clamps ( 2 ), as you are looking from the back of the car it would be the first clamp. I have a saddle clamp on there now and after looking at Marty R,  67 convertible I am almost certain my is wrong.  Help
Horace Collums
Houston
7R01S  Build date Nov 1 1966 Playboy Pink

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 mustang S code Exhaust tip clamps
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:12:42 AM »
Suggest you contact Scott Fuller, he has faithful reproductions of the horseshoe clamps

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/catalog/item/4595229/7669546.htm
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1967 mustang S code Exhaust tip clamps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »
Horace,

I believe you have two issues. First, the horshoe type clamps are only for holding the quad tip to the exhaust pipe (I recall yours were used to hold the tip to the frame bracket/insulator). Second, the band clamp is used to hold the tip to the frame backet/insulator. This clamp uses a sheet metal screw instead of a nut/bolt arrangement. Sadly, I have not found a correct size reproductin for this band clamp and have resorted to stretching a reproduction and then re-bending it.

For the top notch restoration, the band clamp was spot welded to the U-shaped bracket that went into the unsulator.

Regards,