Author Topic: Vacuum Hoses for 67 San Jose Built April 67 with 289, AC, PS, SMOG, Auto  (Read 4491 times)

Offline craig429

I am looking for several vacuum hoses for my 1967 San Jose Built April 67 with 289, AC, PS, SMOG, Auto coupe.  NPD doesn't list a kit for a 67, they have 68 and later. 

Where can I find a kit?  Is there a place that will sell in bulk?  Is there a reference that will show me what the stripe colors should be?

Here is what I need (I think these were replaced at one time since they have no stripe and look like bulk parts store hose:
Distributor to Carb (3/16")
Back of intake manifold to a metal tube that runs down the C4 (1/4")
Back of intake manifold to a check valve (near pass side) (1/4")
Check valve to vacuum canister (1/4")
Carb to exhaust manifold heat shield (1/4")

Thanks,
Craig
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Craig,

As you have summized, no one reproduces the vacuum hoses for the 67...any of them! You best bet is to find good used ones from a salvage yard. Might take you several yards/cars to find a match. Look at any 67 Fords as the smog/vacuum setup was not unique to the Mustang. When I had my 67 San Jose convertible (auto, a/c, p/s, & smog), I found a couple of the vacuum hoses in a salvage yard in the Pheonix area.

Two of the vacuum hoses off of the vacuum tree were striped (green and I think the red one). The hose from the backfire valve was white striped. I do not recall stripes on any of the other vacuum hoses.

Does your Mustang have the vacuum tree on top of the intake heater elbow? This very unique part was only used in 67 up to the May-early June timeframe before Ford moved the vaccum tree to the thermostat housing.

I no longer have my convertible, but I do have pictures that I will look through tonight and see if I can further help you.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline craig429

I would like to see some pictures of your.  Should there be hoses connected to the vacuum tree?  Could it come from the factory with the vacuum tree bipassed?

Here are some pics.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:24:48 PM by craig429 »
1967 Mustang Sport Sprint Coupe 289 Auto, AC, PS, CA Smog, Built April 1967 in San Jose.  Unrestored, one family owned and in my possession since 1980.
1969 Mustang Mach1 390
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428SCJ Auto, PS, PDB, medium bright blue metallic with White Shaker, built Sept 12, 69 in Metuchen

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Maybe these will help

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)