Author Topic: HELP! Need 69 Osborne Electrical Manual Lookup please!  (Read 2785 times)

Offline BillEBobb

HELP! Need 69 Osborne Electrical Manual Lookup please!
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »

My Osborne electrical manual is the one with the "white" cover -- which is not nearly as complete as the brown covered one. The Ford service manuals don't help either. Therefore, I need to ask if anybody who has the brown one can look up something for me.

Immediately above the steering column are a pair (double,) mint-green wires (no tracer) with a red dome.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what that wire goes to and I'm left guessing that it might have been for some option that wasn't installed -- possibly cruise control?

Anyone?

THANX!

Bill

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
Re: HELP! Need 69 Osborne Electrical Manual Lookup please!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
I looked at it a bit this morning. I don't have the osborne but I do have the colorized digital manual from fordmanuals.com.

I only saw 2 Green wires without tracers. 1 was part of the ac, I think headed to the compressor and the other was the hot side of the washer pump.

What do you mean by dome?
MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »

What do you mean by dome?

Red rubber female connector

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »
The only other pair of green wires near the steering column are the brake light switches.  One should be solid green; the other green with red stripe.  However, neither wire ends up in a red female connector.  The brake light switch connector is a spade-type connector with the two connectors at 90* angles, and the connector itself is typically black or dark brown.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:36 AM »
I think I know what you're referring to...green/yellow pair of wires into a red female bullet?  That is the power plug for the trunk light option.

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:46 PM »
I think I know what you're referring to...green/yellow pair of wires into a red female bullet?  That is the power plug for the trunk light option.

Midlife,  actually I'm thinking it may be the power plug for the door courtesy lights.  I "tugged" on each of the wires and one of them moved -- it went directly to the door jamb switch. 

Does that sound feasible?

Bill

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
Yes.  These green/yellow lines are also for all courtesy lights that are powered up by door jamb switches or trunk lids, so you are correct...they are tied together.  A similar set of wires, blue/black, can be controlled by the headlamp switch. 

The single female red bullet connector is for the optional trunk light, and all 1969 underdash harnesses have this female plug.  The optional harness for that would have a matching red male bullet plug. 

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
Now that Sluggo has taught this high school teacher how to post a picture, I can now (finally) post the picture of those wires I was talking about! 

I will hook the driver's door courtesy light to that particular bullet but since there is not a duplicate bullet on the passenger side, I'm thinking I'm going to have to fashion a "Y" connector from the underdash light to connect the passenger door courtesy light.

Offline midlife

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
Driver's side courtesy lights use black/blue wiring, so that it can be turned on when the doors are opened and/or by the headlamp switch.  Putting a light on the green/yellow system will mean your light will always be on.  Look for a black/blue pair of wires going to a female bullet plug in the immediate area of the headlamp switch.