Author Topic: My 1968 Ford Mustang first car show  (Read 352 times)

Offline Norcal87

My 1968 Ford Mustang first car show
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:16:19 AM »
Brought my 1968 Ford Mustang to its first car show lots of people asked questions on its history. But i didn't win a plaq for original car instead a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix that did not have his hood open which was part of the requirement to be judge. Oh well I had fun here's some pictures

Offline ruppstang

Re: My 1968 Ford Mustang first car show
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:19:54 AM »
Welcome to the world of small show judging. I was at a show that best convertible went to a hardtop?
 MCA regionals and nationals are better but not perfect.
You have the right idea to go just to have fun and if you win some thing that is even better.
I like your car. I am picking up a pretty original 68 this week and I am excited about it.

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »
I've taken gold winning concours cars to local car shows and left without an award.  Learned a very long time ago that popular vote and local judging can vary greatly.  For this reason, if I ever take a concours car to a local show or cruise-in, it is usually entered as display-only, no judging.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Norcal87

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »
Thank you guys. Yea I notice the guy who won was from the same area the car club putting it on  was from.
 Yea I think the fun part is having people coming up saying they use to have a car like this 😎.

I think  almost everyone has a mustang story

Offline Hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
At some shows in the area, you pretty much know who's gonna win an award, cuz it's the same people going and they vote for each other.  It's the downside of 'popular vote' shows.  I never go to win an award, so I don't worry about it.

Offline Norcal87

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
yea true that.