Author Topic: 69 Mach1 trunk courtesy light  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
69 Mach1 trunk courtesy light
« on: July 18, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
Need a picture of the wire routing and which fastener to use to hold it on.
Part pictured below.
MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Mach1 trunk courtesy light
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 08:55:58 PM »
- Lamp mounts to the trunk lid about where the blue arrow is

- Wire clips hold the wire to the body at yellow arrows

- Up under the drivers side quarter panel you should find a female plug attached to a green wire coming from the main taillight wire loom where you plug in the wiring

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
- Lamp mounts to the trunk lid about where the blue arrow is

- Wire clips hold the wire to the body at yellow arrows

- Up under the drivers side quarter panel you should find a female plug attached to a green wire coming from the main taillight wire loom where you plug in the wiring

The hole on mine at the upper arrow is too big to accept the wire clip. It looks like possibly there should be a speed nut there for the clip to go into. Is this correct?

Looking at the mounting hole and the witness mark on the lamp housing it appears to have take a #8 pan head self tapping screw. Would it have been phosphate and oil or chrome?

I see the word READY stamped on the deck lid. Mine had the word ALTER there. San Jose car. Was this a person's name?

It might strike some people as odd that this matters since I obviously painted the car all wrong, but I just have this thing about using correct fasteners and routing things the way they were originally done.

Thanks Jeff,

Randy

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »
The hole on mine at the upper arrow is too big to accept the wire clip. It looks like possibly there should be a speed nut there for the clip to go into. Is this correct?

Nope no nut nor does the small T shaped white retaining clip have provisions for a nut. The end of the clip that passed through the hole should have two ears that catch the inner part of the hole. Maybe the ears are broken from yours

Looking at the mounting hole and the witness mark on the lamp housing it appears to have take a #8 pan head self tapping screw. Would it have been phosphate and oil or chrome?

For San Jose I've seen them phosphate and zinc. No chrome

I see the word READY stamped on the deck lid. Mine had the word ALTER there. San Jose car. Was this a person's name?

What your seeing is HENRY a short Mexican fellow that went to work at Westinghouse in the bay area after leaving Ford. Have a good friend that worked with hime there and even got his inspector stamp :0

You may be seeing only part of the name with "ALTER"  since it does not look like other names I have on record. DId you take a picture of it?

San Jose, starting in mid-late 68 used the inspectors last names (Usually - except for Henry - since his last name was too long)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 12:27:48 AM »
[quote author=J_Speegle link=topic=16.msg54#msg54 date=1247970857

You may be seeing only part of the name with "ALTER"  since it does not look like other names I have on record. DId you take a picture of it?

San Jose, starting in mid-late 68 used the inspectors last names (Usually - except for Henry - since his last name was too long)
[/quote]

Yep

Offline sah62

• Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:27 AM »
Could "ALTER" be "WALTER"?
Scott Hollenbeck
Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
1970 Calypso Coral R-Code Mach 1 (10/69 T)
2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
(more non-Ford stuff)