Author Topic: What carb would have come with a 1967 C Code San Jose coupe?  (Read 462 times)

Offline kkupec02

What carb would have come with a 1967 C Code San Jose coupe?
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
I have a San Jose C Code coupe that Marti report shows was born with a 289 2v carb. I bought it with a 4v installed when it was restored. What carb would it have come with? Looks like maybe an Autolite C7DF-R? But I have seen them used with tags B 7AA and B 7AB. Are these date codes? And what about the 1.14, etc ratings for the CFM I believe? Thanks. Found out that my car is a 1 of 1, so that is nice. Also has rare dealer installed back rear lower body panel grille.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline jwc66k

Re: What carb would have come with a 1967 C Code San Jose coupe?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »
Try the library - Year-Engine-Carburetor List.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
I have a San Jose C Code coupe that Marti report shows was born with a 289 2v carb. I bought it with a 4v installed when it was restored. What carb would it have come with? Looks like maybe an Autolite C7DF-R?

Could be one of a number of carbs but without knowing all the details about your car we can't be certain. Trans type , Thermactor?, when the car was built can all play a part in figuring these things out. C7DF-R is one of two used for automatic applications that yeara. Jims spread sheet will help further

But I have seen them used with tags B 7AA and B 7AB. Are these date codes? And what about the 1.14, etc ratings for the CFM I believe?

Looks like your referring to venturi size rather than CFM. They used two different size carbs/different venturi size that year for your application but manual transmission application only one

Thanks. Found out that my car is a 1 of 1, so that is nice. Also has rare dealer installed back rear lower body panel grille.

How did you find that out?  Guess you've check to see if its an original rather than a repo. Lots of them have been added and swapped by owners through the years. Pretty unpopular option in 67 - likely the reason they were not offered for very long
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline kkupec02

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 11:45:26 PM »
Thanks all. The rear body panel grille story of originality was passed down through the owners. But, it is an original with the correct patina and pitting one would expect with a pot metal part.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster