Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

How do you get to the universal joint in the 67 mustang tilt steering column?

<< < (2/2)

jpwatkins9:
Clarification, front end has been checked and old  bushings replaced, no looseness in the struts or wheel bearings, ball joints replaced, etc. New steering box, still have the old one.  The tilt mechanical stuff has been checked and cleaned.  all pins tight and everything in good shape.  Will be checking the rag joint and bolt in the morning, but I think it is all OK.  Will recheck.  Will get the assistance of the wife to see if the is any play in the column above the rag joint, if there is, the only thing that I can think of above that that isn't solid is the universal joint as suggested by Jim.  Will then need to pull the steering wheel, and tilt mechanicals to get at that.  As mentioned, have had the car since new and never in an accident, so no problems with that.  I everything is solid from the shaft above the rag joint down, will pull the steering wheel and see how to get to that joint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version