Author Topic: Unrestored Jan 65 San Jose 6 Cylinder Coupe  (Read 176 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Unrestored Jan 65 San Jose 6 Cylinder Coupe
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:11:18 PM »
Disclaimer: :) As always we need to warn that unrestored does not always mean unaltered by previous owners. Just because this car has/had a specific detail does not mean your car was built just the same. Always do your research, document your findings and make the best choice for you and your expectations.

Cars' VIN is -  5R07T17883x. At the time the pictures were taken the car was a very low mileage (especially for an original Calif car) coupe purchased as a donor car for a restoration. Car had a single repaint (not jammed) since the original color had suffered from the years of sun  not as a result of an accident that I could find. One little dent in the bumper was about all of the damage I could find. Unfortaunately didn't take the time to fully clean the undercarriage or even get it up on a lift for some good undercarriage pictures :(   But wanted to share what I've got so that some others might benefit from the details of what I believe was a nice unrestored example.

Car had a Jan 26 1965 projected build date

Enjoy

EXTERIOR

EX1

EX2

EX3

EX4

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:54:07 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Jan 65 San Jose 6 Cylinder Coupe Unrestored Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
ENGINE COMPARTMENT

EC1

EC2

EC3 Aftermarket electric hood lock and second rotation number

EC4

EC5

EC6

EC7

EC8

EC9

EC10

EC11

EC12

Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Jan 65 San Jose 6 Cylinder Coupe Unrestored Pictures
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »
INTERIOR

I1

I2

I3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TRUNK

T1

T2 Three bolts - three different finishes

T3 Paint inspectors only focused on runs on the exterior of the car or in the interior. Paint runs are often found on original paint cars on the bottom of the hood or in the trunk as this example shows. Notice that the direction of the runs confirm that the trunk area was painted then the lid closed as the exterior was painted

T4 Jack instructions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UNDERCARRIAGE

U1 Though you can't see it through the surface dirt this car was built during a period at San Jose during 65 production where a dark batch color was used to cover the undercarriage and frame sections from the firewall rearward. The color is so dark its often missidentified as black though it is very very close

U2 At the front end of the driveline. Notice the dust boot rear transmission seal

U3 Rear wheel well shot with both exterior emergency brake cable retainers

Hope these help others in their efforts
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:35:00 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle