Author Topic: 1966 hood edge trim piece  (Read 900 times)

Offline socalgt

1966 hood edge trim piece
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »
I'm looking for a picture(closeup if possible)showing how much of the front edge of the hood actually fits into the trim piece.  Also, with an original hood and original trim piece, are the how much of the oval holes in the hood, if any are still visible after installation?  Attached is a picture of what I believe to be an original hood and trim.  The trim appears to cover all of the oval holes.  I've seen some that don't.  I'm trying to find out which is correct(original).  Maybe the reproduction trim is a different size.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:29:09 PM by socalgt »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1966 hood edge trim piece
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »
Here are some close ups from one example

Look similar to what I'm seeing (gap around some mounting screws but not all) on other cars though adjustment vary

All covered - partially covered?  Both correct on original cars IMHO  since there would have been slight variables in the production of both pieces give or take 1/32" or so ;)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:37:02 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:41:41 AM »
Thanks for the pics...

Offline socalgt

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
The aftermarket trim piece is more of a sharp point where the edge of the hood fits so it really doesn't fit well and that's why the holes don't line up.  I found an original and it is more rounded where the hood edge fits so it goes on all the way and lines up with the original holes(in an original hood).