Author Topic: Elite Marti report question - "Trim Variation" in 69  (Read 674 times)

Offline Andrew@MagMustangs

• MagMustangs: Original Parts for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs
    • MagMustangs
Re: Elite Marti report question - "Trim Variation" in 69
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »
It seems doubtful that Kevin would feel the need to call out a variation in the Options/Features section of the report when the 2 or 3 digit trim code already explains those particular variations, IMHO. For instance: Teak vs Walnut woodgrain was not an optional difference and the wood tone could not be specified by the 'orderer'. It was simply a running change by the manufacturer.
MagMustangs: Vintage Mustang Enthusiasts. We have Original Factory Parts for 1964 1/2-1973 Ford Mustang.   Like Us On Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MagMustangs   Follow Us on Twitter. @MagMustangs

Offline jim69mach1

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
Here is the Marti-report for my 69 Mach 1.

I looked through several marti reports that i have ordered over the years. I'm wondering if the word "Clarion" has anything to do with the extra letter in the code. I noticed all "clarion" bucket seats have the extra letter in the trim code where all "non-clarion" seats do not.

just something to chew on

jim
1969 Mach 1 , 390, 4 SPD. Silver Jade, White Interior
VIN #9TO2S1XXXXX, Metuchen Built 10/24/68

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
Here is the Marti-report for my 69 Mach 1.

I looked through several marti reports that i have ordered over the years. I'm wondering if the word "Clarion" has anything to do with the extra letter in the code. I noticed all "clarion" bucket seats have the extra letter in the trim code where all "non-clarion" seats do not.

Think you might be mixing Mach I and other interiors when you look at the reports Have a few hundred from 69 and here is what I found

Both dual and triple coding was used with seats labeled in the Marti reports as "Clarion"

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)