1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

351 C 2v ignition wires??

(1/3) > >>

5F08KGT:
I have a friend with a '72 Gran Torino Sport with a 351 Cleveland 2v engine.

We're looking for correct, new reproduction ignition wires....

I checked on Kevin Marti's site and they indicate that they have been discontinued....

Are the wires for the 4v and CJ version the same?

Any ideas?    Thanks!

Mark69Sportsroof:
I got a turn signal switch from "Old Car Parts NW" for my 1968 Mercury Parklane. I spoke with Ray at 425-572-0764.  The actual part was locally by a company named Shee-Mar.  They are located in Longmont, CO.   Hope this helps.  Mark   

5F08KGT:
Thanks Mark.

I'm wondering what folks do that are restoring '71-'73s with Cleveland engines as far as ignition wires are concerned.......

Are the Cleveland engines just not very popular? wonder why Marti has discontinued making them?

I'm going to shoot him an Email and ask if he can do a special order on a set of wires....

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 5F08KGT on July 23, 2017, 08:44:53 AM ---Thanks Mark.

I'm wondering what folks do that are restoring '71-'73s with Cleveland engines as far as ignition wires are concerned.......

Are the Cleveland engines just not very popular? wonder why Marti has discontinued making them?

--- End quote ---

Sure they are not a high volume part. Not sure how long ago they made them or if they were once available. If there are just something that has been dropped you might want to call around to parts houses to see if anyone has some sitting on a dusty shelf. We use to do this all the time when Ford would drop a item from their inventory. Always seemed to turn up a few if you took the time

Worth a shot if they were once available

70b302cat:
If you search for a 72 Mustang they show as "temporarily out of stock" and the description is Motorcraft stamped.  1971 is available but they are Autolite stamped.

Depending on when your engine was assembled they could possibly have "autolite" wires or "motorcraft" wires.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version