Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Here is a hard one to figure

(1/3) > >>

dearbornshow1968:
I took this distributor out of a 69 428 4 speed Torino 15 or so years ago.  I think it is an over the counter replacement.  look at the pictures, The head of the distributor has #121217 and say motorcraft   NO OTHER PART NUMBERS  there is a part number on the shaft  It is not the typical 121217    It is a 12131A  and  ALMC     The vacuum advance say Autolite..   no other markings
  Can anyone ID this for me   I can't find it in the Ford books

jwc66k:
It looks like the housing was tumbled which is a typical rebuilder technique. Unfortunately the tumbling removes critical details like the stamping around the "12127" that is the actual original part number. The housing itself is D0ZF-12131-A.
Destiny: a standby distributor; a fishing weight; show and tell.
Jim

dearbornshow1968:
Not to sure that happened. Everything is pretty crisp looking. Other stampings and features would have been compromised if the  stamped part numbers got erased thru tumbiling  .  Not a fishing weight yet   Anyone else got an idea

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: dearbornshow1968 on July 31, 2017, 07:53:07 PM ---Not to sure that happened. Everything is pretty crisp looking. Other stampings and features would have been compromised if the  stamped part numbers got erased thru tumbiling  .  Not a fishing weight yet   Anyone else got an idea

--- End quote ---
Regardless of if the stamps are vidable or not the fact that it is Motorcraft makes it beyond a shadow of a doubt as some kind of replacement when used on a 69 production car. It is a post 1971 production distributor. Because of that it does not have much disirability beyond Jims scenarios.

krelboyne:
+2 above. Needs to be an Autolite casting with a specific Ford number, to be valuable. Just a generic FE distributor with the Motorcraft logo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version