1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

72 - Correct trunk floor to tank filler seal screws

(1/2) > >>

nham3407:
Recently deducted points in MCA show for incorrect screws on the tank filler seal to trunk floor.  I do not have any information to reference for the correct type, size and finish of screw.  Does anyone have any known original examples to share?

c9zx:
The AMK catalog lists it as kit F-992. Describes it as PH(phillips head), PN(pan head), B screw(blunt tip). My best guess is P&O finish. Chuck

nham3407:
I have the AMK's.  Thought they would be correct. The 73 with 178 miles is the only picture I have of this area ina known original. They picture is not the clearest but they look to be pan head, but cannot verify the finish. The AMKs are gold cad. Thank you for the feedback

c9zx:
Did the judge say what the proper screws were supposed to be? If not, I'd ask. How can they know what is wrong if they don't know what is right? If nothing else, spray over them with Zolatone(sp?) as there is supposed to be trunk paint on the seal anyway.

nham3407:
That's the problem with getting the judging sheet weeks later, but I understand the reasons. I will look the judge up on the MCA site and give him a call. Thanx Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version