1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Front Turn Indicator Wire "staples"

(1/2) > >>

J_Speegle:
This subject came up in another thread when it was noted that the heavy wire clip/staple had been applied around the base of the wire loom near the lamp end of the loom

Appears to be that the clip/staple was dyed red originally. Looks like it may appear pink after years of exposure.
Have seen this on other years but we'll start with 67 since that is where the discussion started.

Will add my examples/evidence as I get time to post more

First set of examples are from 67 San Jose examples excluding (at this time) Shelby's just because I haven't gone through the thousand or more examples I have pictures of

7R01A1533xx

7R02C1583xx

7R01C1834xx

7R01C2230xx

Coralsnake:
I have recreated this detail by taking a small wire and dipping it in red plasti-dip. Then wrap the wires and trim as needed.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Coralsnake on August 16, 2017, 09:29:34 PM ---I have recreated this detail by taking a small wire and dipping it in red plasti-dip. Then wrap the wires and trim as needed.

--- End quote ---

So you believe or have confirmed its a coating rather than a dye on the metal?

Also have you found this a common detail on 68's at least NJ ones?

Coralsnake:
The ones I have seen are coated. It is a feature found on 1968 NJ cars

We should also say when buying NOS lights, be careful, because there are several versions of the wiring.

Fastback2013:
Hello,

Here some pictures of the wiring that came of my car.
total length = 55 mm.
Its coated (not painted)
Indeed it is a pink color but most likely it was in the beginning red.
Kind regards,
Jeroen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version