1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

1967 seat belt warning light relay

(1/2) > >>

Hipo giddyup:
 So my seat belt warning light hasn't worked in sometime and I am finally getting around to replacing the relay. I recently picked up a bunch of the warning light relays in an NOS parts lot I purchased. My question is the location of the relay?? Is it on top of the pedal support like my 66' or perhaps somewhere else tucked up in the dash. Just wanted to know the exact location to save time and perhaps not have to pull the cluster if there is no need. I know there were A LOT of running changes in 67' maybe folks can chime in as to where theirs are located. Maybe even different between the plants? My coupe is a Metuchen build from late October, early Nov. of 1966. Thanks!

67gtasanjose:
It should be mounted to either your Wiper Motor mounting pedestal bracket or a bracket attached to the same pedestal bracket, depending on your optional equipment.

Hipo giddyup:
Got it. I think I should be able to replace this without too much trouble.  ;)
Thanks Richard.

Hipo giddyup:
 I just went to the garage and replaced the seatbelt warning light relay on my 67. To my surprise it was a cylindrical type relay with autolite stamping and C7AB part number. Haven’t seen these available so I’m assuming this was an early style or oddball 67 year feature? I did replace it with a C7AB relay but the rectangular shaped version. Either way the seatbelt light works fine now.
  Here are a few pics of the cylindrical 67 relay, which I believe to be original to this car, and the rectangular type which in this case is an NOS D2AB model for comparison.

Hipo giddyup:
 And to add to this post, this was quite a pain because of the tilt wheel pieces and the car having the floor console! Replacement was totally done blind.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version