1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

64 1/2 shock tower decal

(1/2) > >>

CharlesTurner:
I may have asked this in the past, but revisiting again.  In going through some of my images of 64.5 cars (generator), I am not finding any examples of LH service specification shock tower decals being used.  I have examples up into July '64 that do not appear to have the decal.  I believe it's fairly common knowledge that 64.5 cars usually would not have a jacking instruction decal in the trunk.

A few samples attached.  Anyone have additional reference pics?

J_Speegle:
You focusing on Dearborn?

CharlesTurner:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on October 19, 2017, 03:45:46 PM ---You focusing on Dearborn?

--- End quote ---

Dearborn for sure, but would be useful to see what SJ was doing for generator cars also...

J_Speegle:
Looked through my pictures and found dozens of unrestored - non- decal bombed Dearborn  examples where no decal was apparent. Not sure if posting all will help.  Instead I think it might be more important to the discussion that I found three examples that appear to have original service decals or their remains still in place in the pictures. There VIN's and projected build dates might be of help understanding or establishing something of a range of what took place. Will look through the San Jose examples and respond

5F07T17382x

5F08D19541x

5F07A206072x

CharlesTurner:
Thanks for posting.  Hopefully others will post anything they may have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version