1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Cannot find correct lens for my 1965 GT Rally Pac tach

(1/2) > >>

pbsaz:
So, I'm getting close (assuming that's ever possible) to completing the restoration of my 1965 Mustang GT Coupe.  I only undertook it as the car has a very cool history of being one of the 60-65 Mustang GT's that were built for the April 1965 Press launch of the GT option at the NY World's Fair (not the launch of the Mustang in 1964). 

My tach is being restored by a speed shop and in the meantime I'm restoring the housing.  I wanted to order new lenses for the tach and clock but cannot find a lens for the tach that includes the word FORD as it is on my original lens.  Are these just not available?  I've attached a picture of my original lens for reference.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

GT500KR:
 Isn't the word "FORD" on the gauge rather than the lens??

pbsaz:
I'm going to have to check tomorrow as I accidentally left it in our storage facility when I dropped off our RV today.  I thought it was on the lens as I see the replacements show the "RPM" marking on the lens.

midlife:

--- Quote from: pbsaz on December 06, 2017, 09:12:01 PM ---I'm going to have to check tomorrow as I accidentally left it in our storage facility when I dropped off our RV today.  I thought it was on the lens as I see the replacements show the "RPM" marking on the lens.

--- End quote ---
That lens is for the earlier "high rise" rally pac for the Falcon dash, not the low riser version for the 5 gauge cluster that you have in your first post.

pbsaz:
Thank you.  I'm going to go ahead and order a "clear" lens. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version