1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Are these original K/H rotors

(1/5) > >>

Bossbill:
There is an identical version or this query, but for 1964 1/2 - 1966.
I thought it would be a good question for 1967, so it goes in this set of years folder.

Is there an easy external way to note if my rotors are original assembly line or not? I noticed in the other thread it seemed easy for others to say "not assembly", but I don't know their criteria is. Is it an easy observation?

I noticed that my rotor has a lot of extra casting flash within the rotor window.
This means what?

Bob Gaines:
One of the main indicators to determine a assemblyline 2 piece rotor are the cooling vanes seen from the backside are different alternating lengths. There are many other nuance details that are different but the vanes stands out to me.

Morsel:
Those look original to me, notice who the vertical wall where the cap the grease cap is isn't straight on the hub (service replacements we all a clean line)  and also on the back side of the picture you can see the notch cut out of the hub, this look like original Kelsey Hayes to me... at least the hubs do...

Jason

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: Morsel on February 08, 2018, 09:19:15 PM ---Those look original to me, notice who the vertical wall where the cap the grease cap is isn't straight on the hub (service replacements we all a clean line)  and also on the back side of the picture you can see the notch cut out of the hub, this look like original Kelsey Hayes to me... at least the hubs do...

Jason

--- End quote ---

Agree, Hub has different design what fits through the hole in the wheel, also, the KH hubs have that notch and a hole that the Century or Ford service replacements do not. Also typical, the letters K/H on the back sides of the studs.

Bossbill:
Sorry for the lousy pic. I was drilling in on the window and the cast flash in there, but you guys are mentioning other things! Plus the thing is heavy and on an upper shelf,

Here is a top view of the hub.
And another of how the rotor was balanced by welding a u-shaped piece of steel into the vanes.

I thought of Centric (brakes) when I saw Century in the other thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version