Author Topic: Rally Pac Originality  (Read 1300 times)

Offline bluestang65

Rally Pac Originality
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
I was trying to verify the originality of the rally pac in my 65 GT 'vert.  I originally assumed it was from a '66 for a few reasons:
It is the pale blue color found in the '66 interior being chief among them.  During a recent exploration of the car, I decided to take it apart to see what the date code inside is.  Much to my potential dismay, it is entirely legible except for the year digit. 
Here's the kicker, if it is a 1965 date code, it is probably original to my car.  The tach was made on May 13, 1965.  The car has a scheduled build date of May 26, 1965.  Everything else I find on the car has dates from early May to about May 25 when the engine was assembled.  If it was out of a 1966, kudos to the guy who accidentally found one made 1 year after it was supposed to be made for my car.  Please look at the pics below and see if you can help me determine whether or not it could be original.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Rally Pac Originality
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
Can't tell from the pics.  A low profile would be acceptable in a May '65 car with 5 dial cluster.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline McKeever

Re: Rally Pac Originality
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:31:30 PM »
For what its worth...
I have a BS Degree in Printing and understand rubberstamps. The last number looks more like a 5 than a 6 to me, quite possibly the rubberstamp picked up a piece of hair, lint, you name it; and stuck to the 5 thus distorting it. If you look at that last number with a 10 power magnifying glass it might help.
Mark McKeever
January, '70 Dearborn BOSS 302
0F02G154740
Owned since March 1974