Author Topic: 1966 Thermactor system pics request  (Read 2469 times)

Offline jstefanick

• Restoration Pics
1966 Thermactor system pics request
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
I have been a long time reader of this site, since it came online last year, and it has really helped me in my quest for originality. Thanks to all for your devotion and time to share your knowledge with your fellow hobbyist.

I have purchased a San Jose car, 6 cyl convertible, 3 speed 1V 200, with the Thermactor system. 6R08T120933. Being out here in NJ, it is quite a rare sight, most Thermactors have been removed. I havent even seen too many San Jose cars out here, so I do want to keep the Thermactor in for originality. I understand even the carb and distributor are a bit different too, it appears I have the originals with both of those also.

Over the years, while the Thermactor setup and pump looks fairly complete and the car does run seemingly okay with it. I am wondering if some things have been rerouted from stock. I have the shop manual and am buying the engine manual from Osbourne, but real life pictures would be much more useful to me.

Does anyone own a 1966 6 Cyl- with the Thermactor still intact?  Pics of it would be appreciated. I have looked all over the internet, seems to be somewhat of a rarity, which makes me all the more want to keep it in the car, esp here out East.

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1966 Thermactor system pics request
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Pictures - of course we have them ;)

Here are some originals for the details - hope they help

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline sally_66

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »
Wow !!! .... never seen that  :) and even do not know about a TAC-System in a 6 cylinder car.

Good Luck by your resauration !

Matthias
Mustang 1966 Notchback . C-Code . San Jose

Offline jstefanick

• Restoration Pics
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »
Thank you very much Mr.Speegle!  These are exactly what I was hoping to get a look at. I now have a good base to determine how far from original mine has been modified. By the looks of these pics, luckily, not too much.

I guess the rarity of these depends on how many 6 Cyl. cars were sold in CA for model year 1966. As far as I understand, these CA cars would be the only Mustangs equipped with the thermactor system for that model year.

We probably can only guess on a ratio- but I know I have never seen any 6 cyl. car with a thermactor out East at any shows thus far.

Appreciate your devotion to the cause!